Dive operator advice please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kittiwake is a work in progress. I did my first dive on it when it was less than a year sunk.

That at said I have been there twice since and find it a great fun dive. YMMV. I really enjoyed the dive. You may not. It is really a fun recreational dive with depth being +/- 65 FSW to the sand. If you don't just enjoy being in the warm clear water it might not suit you. To me it was one of the most fun and enjoyable dives I have had. The history of the Kittwake makes it a great dive for me.
Thanks everyone - super helpful! Have just contacted OF.
Sorry to add on another question - but thoughts on diving the Kittiwake? Pics make it look really crowded with boats and divers.. is it worth it? (We have tons of amazing wrecks around Ottawa in the seaway where we live, so not a novelty thing.)

Thank you all once again!!

Here's the body of the email I got from White Sand:
We run a 34ft Kevlacat with Twin 315hp diesel engines. We like to run at about 7/8 divers.

Myself and my other boat captain both worked for OF for over 8 years so we know this end of the island well. We run exactly the same set up, unlimited bottom times, dive freedom and we serve Tea,coffee and Hot chocolate and a snack.

Thanks. I like OF a lot but everyone can benefit from a little more competition in the East End. I hope White Sands makes a go of it.

From the White Sand web site:

"Our Two Tank Dive Trip is offered everyday, seven days a week. We ask all clients to check in at 8am for a prompt departure at 9am. We will return around 12-12:30. The first dive is usually a wall dive and the second is either a reef dive or swim through. Both dives are offered guided or unguided and certified divers are able to extend their dive times as per their dive computer.
Our Two Tank Dive trip is $130 US."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom