Dive Report: Ft. Pickens NightDive, Feb. 15th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My favorite suit brands are ScubaPro and Pinnacle... If you can find a shop that sells Pinnacle (I know divepros does), they are on a huge sale right now because they are merging with zeagle.

What brand suits do you guys wear/like and why????

Henderson and Bare. I like some of the Waterproof (brand) suits but I haven't dove one yet. I think the Henderson Thermoprene suits are a good compromise between cost, stretchiness and performance. I'd stay away from the H2 and Hyperflex suits for various reasons.

Or I guess an even better question might be what do the women you dive with wear?

Just about every woman diver I know dives a drysuit (I kid not) but there is a high percentage of cavers in that sampling. The others I see are Oceanic, Pinnacle and Henderson.

I've seen some great deals of Pinnacle elastoprene suits, the 5mm is particularly conforming to different shapes. My wife has an XS-scuba high stretch that is a great fit for her.

Almost forgot about Bare, they make a great suit. Our shop carries them and will be meeting with the distributor next weekend.

Might be able to get one at a reasonable discount.

Henderson and Bare. I like some of the Waterproof (brand) suits but I haven't dove one yet. I think the Henderson Thermoprene suits are a good compromise between cost, stretchiness and performance. I'd stay away from the H2 and Hyperflex suits for various reasons.

Just about every woman diver I know dives a drysuit (I kid not) but there is a high percentage of cavers in that sampling. The others I see are Oceanic, Pinnacle and Henderson.

My favorite suit brands are ScubaPro and Pinnacle... If you can find a shop that sells Pinnacle (I know divepros does), they are on a huge sale right now because they are merging with zeagle.

DocCarl also mentioned Pinnacle (and Waterproof) to me. Neither MBT or Dive Pros had any in my size. Dive Pros did say they will be getting some Bare in soon, I may have to try that. Henderson seems to be really popular in the local shops - I've heard and read mixed opinions on them. It's just so hard to make any kind of decision when I can't try them on :(

Thank you everyone on all the great info - I welcome any and all advise!!!!! Yes, I'm an information junkie who can't make decisions when it comes to spending money :rolleyes:

Like others have said, Pinnacle is going into a merger or something with Zeagle: all their existing stock is being sold at rock bottom prices. It is a 'get it while you can' sort of thing, though. Waterproof USA lists Down Under Dive Shop in Gulf Shores and Gary's Gulf Divers as dealers, but I think that Gary is no longer in retail? Perhaps he can clarify.

DocCarl also mentioned Pinnacle (and Waterproof) to me. Neither MBT or Dive Pros had any in my size.

There's a dive shop in Panama City (the one with the 6' anchor in the shop) that sells Waterproof

Henderson seems to be really popular in the local shops - I've heard and read mixed opinions on them.

Henderson Hyperflex is allergic to velcro and pills up easily, but I got about 180 dives out of mine before it started breaking down, and I beat the living hell out of it regularly. Henderson H2 has wrist and ankle seals that are too tight imo. Henderson Thermoprene is a solid platform, nice and flexable, holds up to deep diving well, and keeps water in nicely. My 5mm is a bit to big, but it still keeps water from circulating, and keeps me pretty toasty.

It's just so hard to make any kind of decision when I can't try them on

It's worth the few extra bucks you might pay a dive shop to get a perfect fit imho

Like others have said, Pinnacle is going into a merger or something with Zeagle: all their existing stock is being sold at rock bottom prices. It is a 'get it while you can' sort of thing, though. Waterproof USA lists Down Under Dive Shop in Gulf Shores and Gary's Gulf Divers as dealers, but I think that Gary is no longer in retail? Perhaps he can clarify.

I went by Down Under on Tues. after I went over to the others in Pcola and they were closed. Not sure why??? I'll have to make another trip down there.

It's worth the few extra bucks you might pay a dive shop to get a perfect fit imho

I agree - just need to find one that has something in my size to try on :D

FYI - I just called Down Under. They only carry Scubapro and Subgear. They have Waterproof drysuits but not wetsuits.

Waterproof all the way, then Henderson. Dive Locker in Panama City has a great selection of Waterproof and Henderson, they done me and Recharge wright on the W1 5mm. You will get the best cash deal their in my opinion, so check them out. Good Luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom