Dive Report: Ft. Pickens NightDive, Feb. 15th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want the best cash deal, goto Cave Adventurers in Marianna, FL. Edd will price match(then beat) any deal you find elsewhere if he's not already the cheapest.

I agree with Mat about Cave Adventurers. Also the reason the Pinnacles are cheaper is not because Zeagle is acquiring them, it is because Zeagle and Pinnacle are parting ways. Scott Zeagle talked about this over on the Scubatoys forum. Looks like Pinnacle will set up some other US distribution.

I agree with Mat about Cave Adventurers. Also the reason the Pinnacles are cheaper is not because Zeagle is acquiring them, it is because Zeagle and Pinnacle are parting ways. Scott Zeagle talked about this over on the Scubatoys forum. Looks like Pinnacle will set up some other US distribution.

Lavacore (I think). Pinnacle has a line in Australia/Asia called Lavacore, which is a cross between a rash guard and a wetsuit. It's supposed to be windproof, with wetsuit-like thermal properties underwater but...... It's neutrally buoyant!

Imagine wearing a 3mm lavacore under a 3mm wetsuit and getting 6mm of windproof protection with the lead that you carry for a 3mm dive.

Lavacore is supposed to be carried by Oceanic/Pinnacle, and is supposed to be in shops this month but..... Oceanic has a history of missing it's projected launch dates, sometimes by a year or more.....

Lavacore Online Catalogue

Lavacore (I think). Pinnacle has a line in Australia/Asia called Lavacore, which is a cross between a rash guard and a wetsuit. It's supposed to be windproof, with wetsuit-like thermal properties underwater but...... It's neutrally buoyant!

Imagine wearing a 3mm lavacore under a 3mm wetsuit and getting 6mm of windproof protection with the lead that you carry for a 3mm dive.

Lavacore is supposed to be carried by Oceanic/Pinnacle, and is supposed to be in shops this month but..... Oceanic has a history of missing it's projected launch dates, sometimes by a year or more.....

Lavacore Online Catalogue

Did you see the Lavacore rash guard shirt thingie that Bob has hanging in the dive shop? It's pretty sweet looking. I think he picked it up at a trade show a couple weeks ago.

Carl

Did you see the Lavacore rash guard shirt thingie that Bob has hanging in the dive shop? It's pretty sweet looking. I think he picked it up at a trade show a couple weeks ago.

Carl

I saw it a few weeks ago, and I'm really excited about it!

I was in the shop today and purchased a Thermoprene 3mm (it was $30 cheaper than Leisure Pro too!) in preparation for warmer diving, and a call came in from the Oceanic dealer. He told Lawren that they (Oceanic) are supposed to receive the LavaCore shipment on 2/24 and that they will have to inventory and tag them before shipping. Hopefully they won't drag their feet and we can start trying them out. I'm thinking I'll get a shirt if nothing else.

And there's this: http://www.bare-sbsystem.com/

Back
Top Bottom