Dive-Rite Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...guess I'll have to dive deep again sometime soon to see what happens. :)

strazz:
Two of my friends and I got an amazing deal on Dive Rite regulators--RG1208 first stage, RG2010 second stage, yoke adapter (all part of RG2500 package), RG1215 second stage, and RG2742 console (depth/SPG) for $450 plus tax. I sold the console and put on my old SPG and hoses. All three of us are amazed by these regulators. When one friend first bought them, he let the rest of us try the RG2010 at depth. We were determined to go back and get our own. I think that was the best scuba-related purchase I've made yet. It's hard to go wrong with these regulators.

I also just picked up a RG2500 ICE package with an octo, but managed to do a little better-$379 plus tax through Dive Sports www.divesports.com. I will be diving them on an upcoming trip to Monterey, CA the second week in October. I'll give you all the scoop when I return.

$379 for the RG2500 ICE with Octo is a great price. SpiderSense, just Call Phil at Dive Sports. (800-601-DIVE). He'll take care of you.

BTW... he's got this listed in Scubaboard "Hot DEALS"
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=159344

Dive Rite RG2500ICE Regulator - FREE $100 Gift Card - FREE US Shipping!
http://www.divesports.com/mall/diverite_reg_rg2500ICESPEC.asp

If you call him direct you can use the $100 at the time of purchase I think.

The free shipping alone is worth $15 to $20 bucks.

SpiderSense:
Acto - how did you get that price? rg2500ice with an octo for $379? that would make justifying the atomic reg harder for me.. hehe

scubadiscounters.com has them basically for the same price (though the describtion doesn't say whether the DIN-to-yoke adapter is included). I'm sure many others would be willing to meet that price.

If you get one, then I suggest you request it with the hose lengths you want (even though it may cost extra) unless of course you want the default lengths.

Actosrep:
I also just picked up a RG2500 ICE package with an octo, but managed to do a little better-$379 plus tax through Dive Sports www.divesports.com. I will be diving them on an upcoming trip to Monterey, CA the second week in October. I'll give you all the scoop when I return.

as a follow up-I dove the Dive Rite reg's on 2 dives to Monterey, CA. Water temp was approx 50 degrees and only dove to 60'. On the second dive, the surf and surge kicked up a little and I was breathing much harder. Reg seemed to breath wet. I noticed the distinct taste of salt water in my mouth with each breath. Has any one else had the same experience, or do I have a hole in my lip?:D

diver85:
I have serviced at least 20 dive rite RG2500 and about 10 Sea Elite Tek X's in the past month and a half, and found no differnce. Both regulators breathe right with the right tuning. Anyone that says differnent is just guessing at a problem that isn't there, and dive rite parts kits fit the tek x, if your concerned with names pay more for the dive rite, or buy dive rite second stage covers for the tek x. IF cost is an issue choose the tek x

Just for clarification this is incorrect. There are different internal parts and our QC is an extensive process... But every diver should choose the brand or model that they prefer.
Geoffrey

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom