Dive Saturday March 29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was great diving with all of you on Saturday, Beth... anytime my friend. Deb, glad to see you posting on here as well. John's daughter is going to have to send me the pictures of the traveling horse conchs, that one was huge. Othere critters.. 1/2 inch long baby squid, he was transparent.

John and I then went over to NOVA and helped splice lines for additional mooring buoys that they are going to be putting in. Thanks John for the help... we were done in about 2 hours and all the balls are completed now. YEAH!!

Sorry I bailed on you Jenny and Deb this morning.. wasn't feeling all that great. But, as they say, there's always another day of diving.

It was great meeting/diving with you all yesterday - I really enjoyed it. I wish I had seen that chain moray - I've never seen one before. Next time! Thanks for a great dive!
Beth

Just got in From Hibiscus with trimatt .... very nice dive today we saw a huge nurse shark it was like 5ft .... Matt found a turtle ....... today was way cool :wink:

Deb and I hit the water before 8AM, swam out and headed north. I have forgotten how pretty the reef is up there. We managed to bring in 2 lobsters, and let 3 go as they were too small. The one I finally caught by hand had just molted and was very soft. I am sure she will taste fine though. :wink:
Notibles this morning was a baby seahorse (?), it looked like a piece of soft coral, but what caught my eye was when a small (2") fish grabbed at it. I figured it had to be animal, and upon closer inspection, it did look like a very small seahorse, pink, without its tail and 1" max.
All around it was a nice dive, and I still made it to church in time to give praise and worship to Him.

I guess I have only seen baby Nurse Sharks up to this point but Matt and I swam out to the 2nd reef line and there it was like 5ft .... it was great:D
I just love swimming around out there :wink:

You're a dive freak.

Shoulda joined us. We had an awesome dive!

Notable fish today was what appeared to be a cross between a yellow and masked hamlet. Had the triangluar downward patch on the eye, but also had the blue lines on the face. 2 good sized spots on the saddle of the tail. Wish I had a camera.

Any interest in a dive after work tomorrow? Dania Beach, south end?

Looks like the weather/wind ain't gonna cooperate for diving tonight. They are forecasting rip currents, and windy conditions. Bummer. Will leave the equipment at home. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom