Dive shop lost my business

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Badge 469, you are authorized to confiscate all Predator computers you come across when used in conjunction with 1980 Conshelf regulators. This is a very dangerous setup as everyone knows the regulators can't be serviced for lack of available parts thus making the computer inoperable and therefore un safe at any depth. This is the worst setup known to the diving world and ranks right up there with dual hose regulators.

Badge 469, in addition you are permitted to confiscate all tanks that have been used by more than one person due to the serious health concerns associated with multiple people having used a tank. In addition, a new directive has been created requiring all dive shops to buy brand new tanks for each class they teach so students do not contract this new and previously unknown form of hemorrhagic fever now designated "Ebola Aquatica".

I knew about never letting divers re-use tanks.

I find this story disturbing.....

This thread is measuring a little bit low on my truth meter..........

I walked over to have a look and noticed a set of conshelf supremes in the trunk that looked like new. I told them I would be interested in the regs when the owner of the diveshop came out, grabbed them and said the regs were really old('81) and the parts are discontinued. I asked what she was going to do with them because I wanted to buy them, she said they had to destroy them because of liability issues.

Even though I have a relatively limited understanding of the law, I believe grabbing someone else's stuff and walking away with it is theft and possibly robbery. Lying about the reason is probably fraud.

You should make the girls an offer and tell them to call the police to get their stuff back.

flots

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom