Dive Shop recommendations, Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's a fairly complete list of the better known shore dive sites.
Grouped by geography using names on this map: File:GrandCaymanMap.png - Wikitravel

Check idiveglobal.com for site specifics/videos.
One other "gotcha" is that almost no on-site dive operator will let tanks off-premises.
Divers Supply in West Bay and Eden Rock downtown do rent for 24hrs.

Added notes for sites I know/have done.

NW Point/West Bay area
Cobalt Coast - Divetech on-site
One of the Hepp's sites. - only accessible if staying at condo complex nearby.
Bonnie's Arch - only accessible if staying at Bonnie's Arch condo complex.
Turtle Reef - Sundivers/Happy Fish on-site - IMO one of the best shore dives.
Lighthouse Point - the other Divetech shop

North Seven Mile Beach
Cemetery Beach - shallow - more of a good snorkel

Georgetown
Eden Rock - Eden Rock Dive on-site
Devils Grotto - same as ^
Cheeseburger Reef - Lobster Pot Dive/Don Fosters house reef.
Cali Wreck

South Georgetown
Sunset House - Poulson Wreck
Sunset House - Amphitrite Mermaid.

Smith Cove
Smith's Cove Beach - shallow

South Side
The Maze

North Side
Julie's Wall
Babylon - long surface swim out.

Thanks for all the info! I know I've got a lot of diving before I make it to the Caymans next year, but I'm already getting excited!

Friends of ours recently dove with Indepth Watersports, who are in the same area as Divetech (the owners used to work at Divetech years ago) They have a smaller boat, so can get out quickly to the sites. Our friends were very impressed with the local knowledge, focus on safety, etc. There are many great dive ops on the island, but I will only name those I have either used or had some direct contact with.

I recommend Deep Blue Divers. Depending on the weather in September they may be diving the north wall. We will be making our 5th trip in September as well and will be using Deep Blue.

when in September?
we're looking at making our bookings now for 20-27

we are going at the beginning of the month

this will be our first time, what's the weather like at that time of year? i know is unpredictable, just a ball park idea

not sure we've always gone in the spring or later in the year. Patrick from Deep Blue says Sept is a good month on avg for diving the north wall so that's why we are going then.

Friends of ours recently dove with Indepth Watersports, who are in the same area as Divetech (the owners used to work at Divetech years ago) They have a smaller boat, so can get out quickly to the sites. Our friends were very impressed with the local knowledge, focus on safety, etc. There are many great dive ops on the island, but I will only name those I have either used or had some direct contact with.

I can second Indepth. Dove with them last summer and earlier this month. Great outfit and great people.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom