Dive shops on the Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the feedback.

We are going with Neptunes divers www.neptunesdivers.com. They had a good read on what we needed for the 11 year old as well as our 17 year old. Casey was very flexible and they seem to be the safe bet for good family diving experience.

You will love diving with neptune's. They are great!

Neptune does not have a shore diving shop, only boat diving. I would recommend like some of the rest, Divetech. They have many instructors that specialize with kids and have 2 shore diving shops.

Don Janni:
If you want personal attention call Casey at http://www.neptunesdivers.com/.

Small boat, personal attention, top notch service. You want beat Casey as your DM. They'll pick you up at your hotel or you can meet at the boat which usually hangs out across from the Holiday Inn on 7 Mile.

Dives at the depth you're talking about may depend more on the wishes of all the divers. About 2 months ago we spent a week with them doing about 16-17 dives and none were particularly deep. It may have been possible to hit 80 feet on a couple if you went to the sand but you could have stayed shallower.

Point is... they offer very personalized service. I think you'll like them.
What HE said.
i used Neptunes divers last November and am using them again in 3 weeks. Casey gave close attention to those with less experience and kept an eye on the younger divers that were on the boat with us. They won't take groups larger than 8 ppl.

I had a bad experience with Divetech recently. I know people love them but I was pretty pissed about the service. Nasty attitude on arrival (Nancy was away), condecending attitude, Tanks 2 years out of VIP, hookah shut off, **** like that.

IceBergSlim:
I had a bad experience with Divetech recently. I know people love them but I was pretty pissed about the service. Nasty attitude on arrival (Nancy was away), condecending attitude, Tanks 2 years out of VIP, hookah shut off, **** like that.
I think you need to contact Nancy at Divetech. See would be very interested in hearing from you. Divetech is high on customer service and our family has never had a bad experience in the 7 years we have been going to Cayman. Maybe it was you that needed to chill. For their tanks being out of vis is not likely because I know Seb and Eric (in house service tech's) would never let that happen. These guys are Techincal divers and are very high on keeping thing safe....

We're back and Neptune Divers was great and particularily patient with the 11 year old. Highly recommended to everyone.

worlddiver:
I think you need to contact Nancy at Divetech. See would be very interested in hearing from you. Divetech is high on customer service and our family has never had a bad experience in the 7 years we have been going to Cayman. Maybe it was you that needed to chill. For their tanks being out of vis is not likely because I know Seb and Eric (in house service tech's) would never let that happen. These guys are Techincal divers and are very high on keeping thing safe....

I really don't think it's worth my time to contact her. The service was awful and we could not leave fast enough.

As far as my needing to chill, uh...no, sorry. They were total dicks from the moment we walked in.

Also, the tanks were 2 years out of VIP. That is a fact. The hooka was turned off twice during our time there. (I always test it) and I was told I would not be given 100% or doubles without paying an instructor.

Screw em'

I dove with Divetech earlier this year and in fact did my OW cert referral dives with them. Friendly, profesisonal, and knowledgable. They made the dives challenging and a LOT of fun. I can highly recommend both shore dives and the boats dives they offer. They were very patient with an abject beginner and I saw them doing pool classes with kids where it was obvious how patient they were.

Add to that door-to-door service from our hotel down on 7 Mile Beach and I could find nothing wrong.

Back
Top Bottom