Dive Sports Christmas Party/Sale (Dec 1st) - Who's going?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not sure about my plans this weekend yet, but if I end up not going down to Montgomery this weekend, I'll definitely be there. :)
Like tst said, you should make it a point to be there. Last year they gave away tons of stuff. Thousands of dollars worth.

Mike, thanks for posting this thread.........

We want everyone to attend our party and sale. This has become quite a tradition on the first Saturday of each December.

Many of you don't know this, but we are making a website move on or around January 1, 2008. We are launching a new content management system that will make shopping and buying on our website much more modern than our current static site.

When we started working on this new website, we got quotes from our current vendor. I would be understating is I said they were "mad" that we didn't go with them. The result, many games are being played with our current site. That is why there is not as much buzz on our current site about the Christmas party.

Anyway, I PROMISE you that we will have a VERY large number of items on sale....at prices that you will not be able to beat. There will be plenty of food. IF you are here for the 1:00 PM Dirty Santa Game, about 75 lucky winners are going to win prizes valued from -$5.00 up to $150.00. This game is fun and we fund it with about $2500.00 worth or prizes. At ABOUT 6:00 PM, we will do the GRAND PRIZE giveaways. There will be about a dozen winners. Gift cards, computers, regulators, wetsuits, safety sausages and lift bags, and one lucky winner will get a complete scuba diving kit. We estimate that our total prize giveaways for the day will be approaching $10,000 in retail value. NO ONE ELSE DOES THIS IN THE INDUSTRY. We stand alone. Can't touch this.

Dive Sports funds the ENTIRE prize cost from our own resources. We don't send letter to vendors asking them to give.....we don't beg discounts from vendors....we don't take contributions.....this is OUR prize giveaway to OUR customers. So, be here early and spend money! AFter all, we aren't the heart fund. If we are lucky, our profit from the days sales will pay for the prizes.

Anyway, come one and come all. It will be fun.

Phil Ellis

mike, can I crash at your place if the boss (wife) let's me go? :)

Like tst said, you should make it a point to be there. Last year they gave away tons of stuff. Thousands of dollars worth.
Oooh. And I so need stuff... I'll know for sure by Friday. :)

I wouldn't miss this party (not even if the Auburn/Alabama game was that day). 3rd year in a row for me. It's a great oppertunity to meet SBers and other divers plus Phil puts on a great Christmas Party/Sale. Now if I can only find my credit card that my wife hide.

I was planning on making the trip, but work calls and I must answer. How ever to keep in the Christmas spirit I have sent in my order. If I don't buy myself a gift I won't get one.:D

I went by and helped them out yesterday...They are still getting stuff in and had 22 big boxes of stuff to price and display...some good looking gear....be back again today to hold the dumb end for 'em.....they were still wide open when I left at six last night.....

Well, hit the Dive Sports Christmas Party today.

Thanks to Phil from Dive Sports for hosting it for us.

Several folks from Scubaboard there. Phil had lots of good deals on gear and gave away I'd guess about 75 or 80 free items including his "Dirty Santa Game" and the "Grand Prize Gifts". The Grand Prize gifts this year included a complete set of gear (BC, REg, Octo, gagues), a nice Nitrox computer (Tusa IQ-800), several $100 gift cards, a $500 gift card, snorkle/mask/fin/bootie set and more....

I think PhilmontHike won a Safety sausage. Rocketman won an inflator adapter. Snepdiver's son won the Nitrox Computer. Everyone who didn't win a gift was given a padded mask snap with their new logo on it. So that was pretty nice.

They also feed everyone with all kinds of snacks, hot docs, dip/chips, and drinks.

Though this was the sale date, usually Phil keeps the sale on for most items until right up till Christmas. (I'll let Phil comment for exact into). So check his website or the sale URL for items still on sale.)

Anyway, a good time as always. Thanks Phil

-Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom