DiveMaster Course.. what did you pay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I paid nothing for the class, and I didn't even have to blackmail my instructor. He felt the work we did with the OW classes was the fee.

You don't want to know the going rate in Hawaii! I'm paying 705 just to get to rescue.*sigh*

Jen

AliKat once bubbled...
I paid nothing for the class, and I didn't even have to blackmail my instructor. He felt the work we did with the OW classes was the fee.

That must have been great. When I was dm I had to pay my own way for almost everything. If the dive sites comped me when we had a class I was assisting with then I thought that was great.

pentiumchic once bubbled...
You don't want to know the going rate in Hawaii! I'm paying 705 just to get to rescue.*sigh*

Jen

WOW! Which Island are you on? I go to Kauai every year to dive with SeaSport Divers... $700 is a lot of money for a divemaster course let alone a $150 rescue course. My local shop seems to be the going rate $400 plus a few extra expenses.

Thanks for answers guys... had to make sure I wasn't getting taken for a ride like poor ol' Jen :D

I paid about $250 for the class, then the $90 NAUI fee

gotta love the university, cheap classes, my advanced course was about $40

That is from your very first padi class open water to rescue.With Nitrox in there also.

Jen

NAUI DM Course Fee here in the Philippines is about US$300 excluding resort fees, DM card, etc. I got mine a little lower 'coz I packaged it with my Rescue Class. It' really worth it 'coz you'll get your money back in less than a year depending on how often you DM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom