DiveMaster Course.. what did you pay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two years ago I've paid around 550 US$ for PADI DM course, including training and materials.

This is the average cost in Portugal

Sue

pentiumchic once bubbled...
That is from your very first padi class open water to rescue.With Nitrox in there also.

Jen

So it includes 4 classes (OW, AOW, Rescue and Nitrox), right ? Mmm not bad then :)

We just enrolled in our PADI DM Class, and the cost is $495. This includes the DM Materials and the other incidentals that go with the class (air fills, etc..).

I personally did not pay anything. I spent a few years helping an instructor with hisclasses, and he put me into his Divemaster course for free. And to be honest I learned more in that time then you could learn just taking a class.

But generally the course runs around 350 in NJ

My class was $600.00 which included tuition, course materials, certification fees, and all air fills during training.

This is a 3½ year old thread, so keep in mind that prices may have changed since the thread began.

it is amazing how fast it has changed. I'm in the middle of my DM class now and I paid $600 for everything but the application fee.

I paid my Instructor $450 (4/2005) , I also paid for all books and training materials I needed. He covered all my quarry fees and air while I helped him with classes (and still does to this day).

For the time/effort he expended I felt very good about this amount!

I often help him out lending extra tanks and equipment to students (YES, I have DM Insurance and carry the EXTRA Insurance on my equipment) becasue I own 6 tanks and can outfit 4-5 students with BCs/wetsuits etc. My Wife and 2 kids dive too and I have too much stuff!

$350 for the class, $139 for the crew pack, $20 for the PADI calculator, another $75 in PADI fees, PIC card etc.

I paid $275 for the course, about $175 for the crew pack, and $70 to PADI, plus the cost of liability insurance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom