Divemaster watermanship skills

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PADI - I did the 5 on the tread, however you just have to tread it doesn't say how or what position so can just float the entire 15 minutes with the last 2 minutes with hands out of water up to wrist, yes get a small person for the tow to make up time, the snorkel was my most practiced skill to get points then the swim is one point to finish no matter how you swim i.e. can just float sort of backstroke. The day I did the equipment exchange i flunked my physics but passed the exchange so was happy (did get the physics without algebra smile) The buddy breathing was the most difficult part but by the end it came natural and you got the feel for it so might help to do some buddy breathing prior to this skill requirement and get the hang of buddy breathing and the "rythym", technique. I am not in good physical shape and made it but did it for my own challenge, to go ahead and work with students yes a divemaster that is fit and has stamina would be a definate preference.

Nahh, I heard it's drysuit exchange :)

Pre-switch your mask with your partner...so you get yours in the trade...:D

For most people, the general swim is where points are lost. I've seen dozens of applicants bomb this component, but do relatively well on all the others.

ItsBruce:
Just how much gear must be exchanged? Please don't say wetsuits.

For me, the hardest part was the bathing suit exchange, because I was partnered with a very small female.

:wink:

I think they mighta tricked you! I almost fell for that one.

boulderjohn:
For me, the hardest part was the bathing suit exchange, because I was partnered with a very small female.

:wink:
How did she look in your Speedo?

El Orans:
How did she look in your Speedo?

A lot better than I looked in her bra!

Back
Top Bottom