Diving Cebu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Centrals is right. I tried to organise a dive for myself a few years ago out of Mactan and was quoted for the whole boat. Not one dive shop I rang offered to put me with another group, even when I asked and I was flexible on days.
Bypass this place and the operators and go to Malapasqua, moaboal or Alona beach on Bohol.

Haha, I recall these days when we had to rent the whole boat. I did that many times with my wife and we always tried to find the smallest banka possible to reduce our cost.

Well, today, things have changed and at our center we are launching dive boat(s) nearly everyday, that single diver can jump on. And the dive rates in Mactan are still lower than Malapascua, or the well exposed dive destinations around the Visayas and the Philippines in general :)

Happy diving !

Cebu on June 17-20... who to dive with?

Cebu's a fairly large place(island)...You possibly need to say where you heading on Cebu.....

I like Malapascua Island. I've been there 4 times :) The last time was in April when I spent 4 weeks there diving with Evolution Diving Resort in Malapascua, Cebu, Philippines It's only been a little over a month since I left... One of the better destinations in the Philippines in my opinion. Thresher sharks, whitetip's, mandarinfish mating, frogfish, nudibranchs... all the usual suspects as I like to call them :wink: I'd really recommend staying on Malapascua Island. There are some great sites around the island, but also definitely do some side trips. Gato Island is a must do. I really like Chocolate Island as well and try to get Kalanaggaman Island as well. Around the island, I liked Lighthouse for a night dive. I had a really amazing night dive at Chocolate Island. Bantigue is good too :) I liked Bogtong Bato and Deep Slope also. Monad Shoal was good for the Threshers of course. We also spotted eagle rays and devil rays there as well at blacktip reef sharks during the day.

Fun and sun if this is correct I may give you a go in the future

My Cebu - Mactan dive photos 2 years ago:

PC143872.jpg

PC153914.jpg

PC133756.jpg

PC133762.jpg

PC133778.jpg

PC133789.jpg

PC143809.jpg

Last edited:
Haha, I recall these days when we had to rent the whole boat. I did that many times with my wife and we always tried to find the smallest banka possible to reduce our cost.

Well, today, things have changed and at our center we are launching dive boat(s) nearly everyday, that single diver can jump on. And the dive rates in Mactan are still lower than Malapascua, or the well exposed dive destinations around the Visayas and the Philippines in general :)

Happy diving !

Where is a good place to stay in Mactan the caters to Divers and Non-divers?

Where is a good place to stay in Mactan the caters to Divers and Non-divers?
This is a pretty old thread... maybe start a new one? Mactan is convenient because of the airport. I've not dived there simply because there are so many other places in the Philippines with a reputation for better diving. Might check it out though next time I'm in the Visaya's :coffee:

This is a pretty old thread... maybe start a new one? Mactan is convenient because of the airport. I've not dived there simply because there are so many other places in the Philippines with a reputation for better diving. Might check it out though next time I'm in the Visaya's :coffee:
Did you really suffer an heart attack?
Make sure you have made a complete recovery!
Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom