Diving Cold Water - Hood/Suit Combo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fold back the arms and legs of the suit, put on gloves and boots, fold down. Good to go. It should help much better; water movement or flushing, what the magazine i was just browsing a couple days ago calls it, is a bad thing, that is, unless your too hot in your nice, new gear
How is diving pearl, anything to see?

dont get me started on FFM; I am way too biased to talk about them. See my other post, if you want to hear me wimper. Otherwise no comment

Man 50-60 is like tropical stuff. Come on up and play in our water. It's in the low 30's year around once you get past the 80 degree surface. :D

Gary D.

Hi TJ,
Just finished our first Lake Michigan dive on July 7, 2006. We visited the Prince Wilhelm wreck and a Fireboat that was just found last year. It was very cold water temp at 80' was 43*. I wore a 7 mil hooded vest and a 7 mil full wet suit. The lake was very clear, prob 60-80' viz. Make sure if you are subject to seasickness to take something, the waves are quite high even on a calm day. I will tell you a trick to get into your suit more easily. Plastic bags over your feet, hand & arms make it slide right on without a ton of tugging. Pearl Lake is very green at this stage, we are diving there tomorrow, if you want more inf on Pearl Lake PM me.

CheddarChick: Thanks...but all my dives were last week! :) I was at the Willie the day after you.

Jake Doig: Great tips...that's exactly what I was thinking. Pearl pretty much sucked. Horrible vis. You get anywhere near the silty bottom...complete silt out. Saw a few fish, some weeds...but I did find a double hose clip! Added that as a backup to my BC. One mans loss....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom