Diving Computer for work

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi !
Let me first tell you my situation, i am working as a diver on fishfarm near Malta, i make daily 2-3 dives on air, on max deep 30 m. Sometimes we dive deeper Till 50m. Mostly decompression dives. Iam loking for good heavy duty computer, till now i use old uwatec aladin, guys from work using vypers an similiar computers but many of them have some issues couse multiple dives or dirty water which dirt the sensor and damage computer. I need computer whicj i can use for years. So i ask you guys for advice. Is it worth it buy DC like vr3 ? For this kind of job ?

I recommend creating your plan with vPlanner or dive tables, while on the surface, then tape the dive plan to a wrist slate, and dive with a depth gauge and a watch.

Assuming you know how deep you'll be on each dive, there's actually no need for a computer.

flots.

---------- Post added May 8th, 2013 at 11:55 AM ----------

In my opinion and please don't make this an issue, I'll recommend you a EMC-20H from Cochran with 2 OC mix. Why? This is by far a computer that you can abuse, never lockup use size N batteries that you can find anywhere and last for ever and has a liberal algorithm that you can manipulate.

"Never lockup" is not a feature, it's a defect.

A "bent" dive computer isn't a hardware failure, it's a warning that the dive should stay out of the water. The computer is just fine. It's the diver that's at risk.

flots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom