diving dubai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Looking for advice on good locations, and good dive centers in Dubai. I'm going to be there probably at December. I will appreciate any kind of advice, since I practically know nothing on the place.

There not much of a diving at Dubai, (apart of aquarium in Dubai Mall and Deep Dive Dubai) there are few wrecks but finding a decent operator that dives those wrecks is pretty hard.

Most of the diving takes place at East Coast, places called Fujairah and Dibba which is hour to 90 minutes drive depending on where exactly you gonna dive. There is a dive shop in Dubai named Al Boom, if you book a dive with them they will provide transportation to their dive center at Dibba.

There is another place called Ras Al Khaimah which is also little over an hour to drive, there are bunch of wrecks goes from 25 to 85 meters, however visibility is 5 ish meters at best.

Good luck.

Diving off Dubai is limited, and visibility pretty poor.

As @Rayk mentioned above, the majority of us dive on the east coast of UAE where there are several dive ops along the coast from Dibba in the north to Fujairah further south.

Alternatively at Ras Ak Khaimah there are some wrecks in that area but the proximity to the Hormuz straits means strong currents during tidal changes especially during full and new moon timings (Spring tides) and the dive op there rarely takes that into consideration. Oh yea and the vis is sh!t.

I met someone on a LoB who lives in Dubai. He told me that he drives 2 hrs north to Khasab (Oman) for diving and he said he likes it there.

Diving in Khasab involves a visa plus other expenses.

You can't bring your own tanks across there without additional hassle and at one point SLR cameras in housings required special permission. Not sure what the current situation is these days.

When I did that “2 hours driving” trip to Oman last time, it took little over 23 hours. Depending on how fast you cross border (specially on the way back) it may take little longer.

Depending on how long you are in the UAE and how early you want to wake up but a mid solution is Divers Down Dive Center.
Its about 90 minutes away from Dubai.

They have 3 boats that go and return at different times of the day.
Starting from 8:30 to 3 pm.

You could leave at 8 am and make the 10 am boat and do two dives before returning to Dubai by 6pm.

You could take a taxi out and return by taxi as well (Divers Down is based in a hotel that will arrange a 90 minutes taxi back to Dubai).

You could take a taxi out and return by taxi as well (Divers Down is based in a hotel that will arrange a 90 minutes taxi back to Dubai).
That's going to cost a bit I suspect.

And finding a Dubai taxi that can find anywhere on the east coast could be challenging too, they can barely find their way out of a wet paper bag! 🤣

As the rest of the people here said, Dibba is really the spot to go unless you organize a trip to Musandam with one of the dive centers. Some of my best diving has been out of Musandam.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom