Diving in Malta - What sort of suit, if any?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

would you tell which school you are going to dive with?

Please 11 deg. C to 14 Deg C is approx. 52 to 58 deg F. You guys all need to visit the OH/MI area of the states and see what some of these guys are doin.....

Personally I'm damn jealous of those with dry-suits...I just can't afford one yet...pesky little lady wants a new washer and dryer...I just tough it out in my non-semi-dry wetsuit and we see temps from 48 to 60 deg F all the time or to you folks it's 9 to 15 deg.

O.K. if you're used to it, dive the dry-suit...I wouldn't suggest changing to a wetsuit unless you're feeling up to a challenge....

To answer your question Nessie, I'll be diving with Strand Diving. I haven't dived with them before, but have it on very good authority they're excellent. Shall I post a 'trip report' when I get back?

Big T-I'm following your advice and using the dry suit. As I said in an earlier post, it's lighter than the semi, I know where I am re. weights, and also putting it on is like pulling on a favourite pair of comfy jeans. 9-15 C? A nice warm bath!! I remember doing a UK shore dive, water temp was 14C and shore (with wind chill) was 9C. There were fishermen on shore wrapped up and freezing saying we were mad. We were dressed for the weather in drysuits. They weren't. Who was mad? I'll let you lot work it out... Dive safely.

Perhaps you could do some sort of deal - get the washer, and then the dryer chucked in for 30% off or something, if you buy a certain model? Thus leave you some cash to go towards your intended dry suit? Just a thought.

Mmmm, well I was diving at Blue Grotto last Sat, water temp was 14 degrees or so my vyper told me!!! I wear 7mm full suit and 7mm shortie (and a 3mm thermal), the day was sunny about 20 degrees... only part of me that felt chilly were my hands! But then again I'm made of stern stuff. Never dived in the UK but off the Landes SW-France (water temp 13 degrees)... though my buddy ONLY wears his dry suit and a thinsulate... until May! What a ..... :)

As for diving with Strand - arghhhhhh :wacko: , no don't do it, that's if you haven't already, a bit of a 'tatty' dive school, but you'll see:wacko:

For those of you seeking an excellent dive school with plenty of equipment, tonnes of local knowledge and a whole mountain of experience try Dive Deep Blue (http://www.divedeepblue.com) you'll be glad you did.

Maybe we'll bump masks in Malta
Destiny

In March a Semi Dry to Dry is recommended. Make sure that the Dive school you book has these in the Rental Dept.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom