Question Recommendations for diving in Malta in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

casa vostra on gozo you shpuld try, or chop house in sliema. realy good

I will but if not good, you reimburse me for the food???? :)

Any "steak house" you recommend there?

when do you hit that rock again?
In the coming 2 - 3 weeks. I'll be passing Malta from Libya to/from Zurich. I'll stay for 2 - 3 nights on my way back to Libya.

I can only advice get your aow, do another 20 dives on your own with your own buddy to learn how to use a compass, etc, and rent a car and tanks in Malta. Guided diving is not needed there. In Malta they still understand that a lot of divers don't need guides and don't want them.
The only thing in Malta is that a lot of divesites reach over 30m (wrecks for recreational sportsdivers are between 30 and 40m). So you want in some cases nitrox. ean28 does not give you a lot of bottomtime more, but has some other good things then.
For technical diving, Malta is really great. Did quite a lot of my 100+ dives there. But also there helium is exepensive. Deep air is also practised there by a lot of divecenters.

Malta is no tropical destination, so there is not a lot of fish, but the temperatures are fine and viz is also good.

With the crazy heat wave going on in Europe right now, it has made wonder whether Malta is too hot for August. Has anyone dived there in August before, what is the usual temperature?

Averages are high of 32 and day average of 28. Of course, weather is known for it's propensity to not follow weather forecasts.
How it's going to be this August is anyone's guess.

Back
Top Bottom