Diving + nightlife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Dennis:
No Jason. Someday I want you to teach me about rebreathers.
Sorry:wink: , I can't teach rebreather yet.....still needs more logs before come as a CCR Instructors...:)

Knowing you, it won't take long...:wink: I would like to take a Tech course from you someday Jason.

Diver Dennis:
Knowing you, it won't take long...:wink: I would like to take a Tech course from you someday Jason.
No problem mate, I thought you are certified tech diver:11:

I'm considering getting back into rebreathers again after 7 years. But the I'd need to buy one, wouldn't I?

Hmmm.

thepurplehammerhead:
I'm considering getting back into rebreathers again after 7 years. But the I'd need to buy one, wouldn't I?

Hmmm.

if you are handy you can build one. Make sure the life insurance is paid up first. lol

I did my courses from OW up to Rescue and Specialties on Koh Tao with Planet Scuba. But I can't say the dive sites are anything special. Are you saying this is about the quality of dive sites there are in Boracay?

I've been in Thailand for too long. I gotta go some place I've never been. Lately I noticed I cannot stay in one place for more than 3 months, I start going crazy. I don't know why. Indonesia sounds nice too. I've never been there. Perhaps I will go to Philippines through Indonesia, do some diving in Bali, Pulau Weh etc but my final destination is Philippines. I just heard so many good things about it. Everyone I've ever asked about diving said it was super. And lots of other good things: nice people, beautiful places....

The only thing I'm worried about is how expensive it is. Somebody told me that places like Boracay and Puerta Galera, or any place in Philippines where there is more than just diving are really expensive...a lot more than Thailand or Malaysia and I'm on budget.

Carena:
Could someone tell me where in Philippines I can find a nice diving and night life- dance clubs with music like rap/hip hop/techno (not karaoke) in one place?
And how expensive are these places compared to Thailand/Malaysia?

Thanks. :mrcool:
Aside from MV's recommendation, I'd say Mactan (Cebu) would be another option. Again, diving is not that great, but night life is pretty decent. All the major resorts are in the island and a lot of them have bars and clubs - not karaoke bars:) Diving cost around $25/dive and that includes boat, DM, and equipment.

edit: One of the cheapest place to go diving is in Moalboal. For $50/day, you can do 2 shore and 2 boat dives. Another that comes to mind is Anilao.

Carena:
I did my courses from OW up to Rescue and Specialties on Koh Tao with Planet Scuba. But I can't say the dive sites are anything special. Are you saying this is about the quality of dive sites there are in Boracay?

I've been in Thailand for too long. I gotta go some place I've never been. Lately I noticed I cannot stay in one place for more than 3 months, I start going crazy. I don't know why. Indonesia sounds nice too. I've never been there. Perhaps I will go to Philippines through Indonesia, do some diving in Bali, Pulau Weh etc but my final destination is Philippines. I just heard so many good things about it. Everyone I've ever asked about diving said it was super. And lots of other good things: nice people, beautiful places....

The only thing I'm worried about is how expensive it is. Somebody told me that places like Boracay and Puerta Galera, or any place in Philippines where there is more than just diving are really expensive...a lot more than Thailand or Malaysia and I'm on budget.

Actually it doesn't have to be expensive. If you're fine roughing it a bit in terms of accommodations, you can easily find little inns/ hotels with no air con even in places like PG for cheap. Ask the locals here and they'll give you some good tips and recommendations.

If you have a lot of time to spend traveling the Philippines, then I'd say knock yourself out, hit all the great dive sites whether up on PG and Anilao or down around Cebu (Bohol, Malapascua, Dumaguete, Apo Isl, maybe Sogod Bay), and then spend a few days or a week chilling in Boracay enjoying the white beaches during the day and clubbing at nite. :D

thepurplehammerhead:

Hmmm.
No doubt!You should buy one:coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom