Diving out of SF?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the tips on public transport. Public transport looks like a hassle - I guess I'll just rent a car - no big deal, I've done that before in California. Any tips on a good dive shop in Monterey, or at least ones to avoid? It's looking like I'll head down Friday 23rd and back on Saturday 24th. 1-2 days diving, depending on availability.

Thanks for the tips on public transport. Public transport looks like a hassle - I guess I'll just rent a car - no big deal, I've done that before in California. Any tips on a good dive shop in Monterey, or at least ones to avoid? It's looking like I'll head down Friday 23rd and back on Saturday 24th. 1-2 days diving, depending on availability.

There are three in Monterey now, and all are fine:

Glenn's Aquarius II, right at the Breakwater.

Glenn's Aquarius II Dive Shop

Aquarius Del Monte, on the way into/out of town from the north:

Aquarius Dive Shop - Your PADI 5-Star Scuba Dive Center in Monterey for Training, Equipment, Service, and Rentals

Bamboo Reef, on Lighthouse Ave. two blocks from McAbee Beach (another good first time Monterey dive site):

Scuba Diving lessons, classes, courses - San Francisco, Sonoma Coast, Marin, Monterey, Northern California Bay Area | Bamboo Reef Scuba Diving Centers

Guy

You said you're landing on the 17th? I'd try to make it down to Monterey/Carmel right away. Conditions can be somewhat erratic this time of year, but forecast looks very good for this weekend and early next week.

Back
Top Bottom