Diving report San Diego, CA with proof!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tampico_ED

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All,

I just came back from SD. Diving was great as the weather hold at about 70+oF.

I took my camera in several dives. I was accompanied by my dive buddy Jarrod, who is attending school in the morning. So, I had some solo dives.

Well arriving on 9/29, he headed to La Jolla Shores. Vis is mad good for the most part of my diving week..I could swear it was 25 ft and above. Although, curiously enough some SoCal divers kept repeating “bad vis”…..not more than 10 ft. Some even said 5ft….on the eye of the beholder?

Anyway, we kept diving almost every day with excellent conditions. We did the Shores, Wipeout beach (yes….it is that rough), The Cove, and couple of dives on the DCI boat heading to the Kelp Forrest in Point Loma.

Infinite number of fish everywhere. I was hoping to get the Giant Bass on my collection. But not this time I guess.

It also happened that first week of October is Lobster opening season….we got FREEEE air fills and vis inspections at Sports Chalet highly recommended, if you are trying to avoid dealing with the LDS.

I have not id all the pictures…..but here they are..

Horn Shark
Garibaldi Adult
Spanish Shawl
Kelp
Little octo Not ID
California Sea Hare (size of a soccer ball)
Spined Star
Star 2 Not ID
Ocean Beach pier sunset
Dive buddy standing on the edge of the south wall

MG_0721_edited-1.jpg

_MG_0951_edited-1.jpg

_MG_0171_edited-1.jpg

_MG_0957_edited-1-1.jpg

_MG_0088_edited-1.jpg

_MG_0100_edited-1.jpg

_MG_0287_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

_MG_0263_edited-1.jpg

_MG_0740_edited-1.jpg

That would be a Spanish Shawl

Tampico you hit it just right..vis has been pretty good at the shores the last couple weeks. Monday we had 30-50ft in the Canyon, much better than the usual 10-15!

Rob

Ed, nice shots! Was that with your new setup or are you still using the Rebel? Damn, I need to get myself a focus light and strobes...

Glad to hear you had a good time in CA. I know I'm jealous....

-- Matt

I guess one of the luxuries of having to bodies is that you can dedicate one for uw and the other for topside photos or macro/wide angle (two Aquatica housings&#61514:wink:. The sunset was taken with rebel the other pics with my new 20D.

I ran into some technical issues because basically this was a new toy. But thankfully everything worked out well.

Thanks everybody for the positive feedback!!! Planning to come back next year and get three missing pics I’d like -giant sea Bass, mantis shrimp and the Yukon-

Tampico_ED:
I took my camera in several dives. I was accompanied by my dive buddy Jarrod, who is attending school in the morning. So, I had some solo dives.

Wait.... you took your camera on "several" dives? Not "all" of the dives?!?!!?

Who are you? What have you done with the real Ed?!?!!?

Well, anyway, whoever you are, nice pictures! :D

You are right ....who am I fooling - ALL DIVES !!! as matter of fact my dive buddy hated me when he rocketed to find the Cabezon (cabin cruser off la Jolla canyon @ 135ft). And I could not followed at his pase...Chris....should I get a scooter? will that count as a new toy?

I still can not forget when you circle around me at Pier 5....I'm tramautized for life.

Thanks for your comments !!!!

Ed, these are amazing pictures! Great composition. What photo gear are you using?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom