Diving Sunday May 29th at Crystal Cove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lexy:
I'm a maybe at this point for Crystal Cove.... Trying to get ready for London on Monday. What's the hike from the parking lot to the beach like?

The hike from the beach is not bad at all. No different than most laguna stairs.
Hope you can make it, it will be nice to meet you. Aaron and I had a good time last sunday

eyasha:
I am thinking I will be there, and probably bring Bill with me. Not for certain yet though. I woke up with a sore throat :( and need to make sure that the flu isn't coming back to pay me a second visit.

Cool, hope you can make it! Just have a little 12yr old scotch, or maybe a nice bottle of wine. that should clear it right up!!!!

John,

I've got a few questions for you about exactly where you'll be on Sunday.

Is the parking lot you're talking about meeting at the one in this Laguna Sea Sports description?

And on this same page, are these the stairs you go down? Or... is the picture of the ramp in this SOCDC description where you are talking about going?

Do you think that the area you were diving with the "Deadman's" type swim was Hatchet Reef mentioned in the SOCDC description I mention above? That would be a really cool dive. I think the WWII Corsair is right in this area as well.

Depending on how good or bad the Orange County diving is on Saturday will probably determine whether Sunday at Crystal Cove will be the plan for me. I'm hoping we have at least 10-15 feet of vis on our dives on Saturday, because I really want to do some dives at Crystal Cove.

Christian

headhunter:
Do you think that the area you were diving with the "Deadman's" type swim was Hatchet Reef mentioned in the SOCDC description I mention above?

Christian,

I saw that too and im guessing that has to be it....

Jon,

How many dives are you planning on doing? I am fiending to dive alot this weekend....

headhunter:
John,

I've got a few questions for you about exactly where you'll be on Sunday.

Is the parking lot you're talking about meeting at the one in this Laguna Sea Sports description?

And on this same page, are these the stairs you go down? Or... is the picture of the ramp in this SOCDC description where you are talking about going?

Do you think that the area you were diving with the "Deadman's" type swim was Hatchet Reef mentioned in the SOCDC description I mention above? That would be a really cool dive. I think the WWII Corsair is right in this area as well

Depending on how good or bad the Orange County diving is on Saturday will probably determine whether Sunday at Crystal Cove will be the plan for me. I'm hoping we have at least 10-15 feet of vis on our dives on Saturday, because I really want to do some dives at Crystal Cove.

Christian

Yeah Christian...thats it. Same parking lot and stairs. I cant think of name of the reef area, but yes it is close to where the corsair, but in deeper water, according to franco's maps.
The laguna dive description of parking fee is incorrect. It actually would cost 10 dollars if we showed up after 9am. Thats why I said to meet at 8:30 :D

I am down to do at least 2 dives, but the thing is, if we leave to get fills, and we havent paid for parking we will have to pay the 10 bucks to get back in. So if it is really good, we might want to do an air run for like 4 or 5 people. If its not great, we can go elsewhere in laguna.

SNOBORDJON:
Yeah Christian...thats it. Same parking lot and stairs. I cant think of name of the reef area, but yes it is close to where the corsair, but in deeper water, according to franco's maps.
The laguna dive description of parking fee is incorrect. It actually would cost 10 dollars if we showed up after 9am. Thats why I said to meet at 8:30 :D
Cool! Thanks. It looks like unless the vis in Laguna is horrible tomorrow, that a bunch of people will probably join you on Sunday. I know I will if I think I'll be able to see. :crafty:

Christian

SNOBORDJON:
I am down to do at least 2 dives, but the thing is, if we leave to get fills, and we havent paid for parking we will have to pay the 10 bucks to get back in. So if it is really good, we might want to do an air run for like 4 or 5 people. If its not great, we can go elsewhere in laguna.
Thats probably the smartest thing.... we can just have like 2 people make a run in one vehicle and the other people can give them like 1 or 2 bucks for parking since no one else will have to pay for it....

I have all new equipment so I DEFINITELY wanna do more than 2 dives... maybe think about coming back for a night dive?

headhunter:
Cool! Thanks. It looks like unless the vis in Laguna is horrible tomorrow, that a bunch of people will probably join you on Sunday. I know I will if I think I'll be able to see. :crafty:

Christian
If you check the CDIP swell indicator, you will notice that it is BLUE, BLUE, BLUE. Lake Laguna, anyone?
I will be joining you guys there. You guys need to wake up earlier though :eyebrow:
The day is half way over by 8:30!!!

Back
Top Bottom