Diving Sunday May 29th at Crystal Cove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stryker:
Thats probably the smartest thing.... we can just have like 2 people make a run in one vehicle and the other people can give them like 1 or 2 bucks for parking since no one else will have to pay for it....

I have all new equipment so I DEFINITELY wanna do more than 2 dives... maybe think about coming back for a night dive?

Lets see how we feel after 2 dives. Its as tiring or more than deadmans. Fair enough?

SNOBORDJON:
Lets see how we feel after 2 dives. Its as tiring or more than deadmans. Fair enough?
oh I spose.... im just a little anxious... thats all

Robert Phillips:
If you check the CDIP swell indicator, you will notice that it is BLUE, BLUE, BLUE. Lake Laguna, anyone?
I will be joining you guys there. You guys need to wake up earlier though :eyebrow:
The day is half way over by 8:30!!!
No hurry Rob, I have a 45 minute drive. I'm not getting up before 7:30. Its a holiday :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :usa: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

headhunter:
Is the parking lot you're talking about meeting at the one in this Laguna Sea Sports description?

And on this same page, are these the stairs you go down? Or... is the picture of the ramp in this SOCDC description where you are talking about going?
John and I parked in the Reef Point parking lot right in front of the restrooms pictured on the LSS page. The SOCDC says to take the ramp down (further north). John and I took the stairs right behind the restrooms.

headhunter:
Do you think that the area you were diving with the "Deadman's" type swim was Hatchet Reef mentioned in the SOCDC description I mention above?
The deepest we got last weekend was 43ft. SOCDC says Hatchet Reef is in 55-60 ft., but their description sounds very similar to the reef I saw. I doubt John and explored all the way to the deepend end of the reef. To answer your question... I don't know. :)

-Aaron

Ok... after reading all the posts here is my interpretation.

We are meeting in the Reef Point parking lot in front of the restrooms at 8:30AM.

Correct?

The LSS web site says to take the Reef Point entrance to the park. This is definitely the quickest way to get to the Reef Point parking lot. But if the gate Reef Point gate is closed, go to the "main" entrance just to the north. The park rangers gave John and I the distinct impression that we could get in for free at that gate before 9AM.

-Aaron

abrown203:
Ok... after reading all the posts here is my interpretation.

We are meeting in the Reef Point parking lot in front of the restrooms at 8:30AM.

Correct?

The LSS web site says to take the Reef Point entrance to the park. This is definitely the quickest way to get to the Reef Point parking lot. But if the gate Reef Point gate is closed, go to the "main" entrance just to the north. The park rangers gave John and I the distinct impression that we could get in for free at that gate before 9AM.

-Aaron
Absolutemon!

So far looks like we might have a good showing, and conditions look flattastic!

John

I'm sure hoping for great viz tomorrow. We had 2'-15' over at the Montage (Treasure Island). Dropped down in about 8 feet viz, found 15 feet viz around the reef structure (near Goff Island), then went out to 41 feet and hit 2-5 feet and dark as night. Weird dive viz wise.... no surf, easy surge. Broke record bottom time - 71 mins. <happy dance> See you guys tomorrow!! :)

on the second dive coming a little more north (Cleo St.) the Vis was QUITE a bit better... and that was a bit deeper too (down to like 55ft).... You missed out on some decent diving today.... but we will make up for it tomorrow....

When I say better, I mean no algae/red tide blooms and pretty good light penetration.... I have a tool to measure vis now and it read 17 feet... and that was one of the low measurements....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom