Diving Sunday May 29th at Crystal Cove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, but did you find the barge? Enquiring minds are dying to know.

Yes! as a matter of fact we did.... I led on the way out and I kind of get tunnel vision when I navigate.... I only look at whats in front of me and my compass... I dont look in the area around me (im working on it).... we went right over it, but I thought it was just rock structure.... We swam around for a few trying to get back to it, and finally found it.... only about 4-5 feet of it stick up at the highest point, but there are compartments you can look into.... its VERY wide too.... We didnt have a whole lot of time on the barge since we missed it the first time and SOMEBODY had a 72 (haha).... There were a few bugs on the wreck, and it would be nice to spend a little more time exploring the wreck....
A seal came out and tried to play with us, but we were a little busy at the time (trying to find the wreck).... kinda made the dive a little more fun....

Ya Ya Seth, I know i had a 72, but hey, who found the wreck on the way back in? hmmm? Just because you like to dive with a water heater from the beach doesn't mean we all have to. I'll be at reef point around 8 tomorrow so i have some time to get ready and check out the site, I used to snorkel and surf there as a kid so it will be nice to be back. I'm just not looking forward to the hike down that big hill if its as bad as i remember it too be. Maybe it was just seemed really bad because I was little haha. See you all in the morning

Cant wait for tomorrow. I hope its going to be great!

sb_diver:
Ya Ya Seth, I know i had a 72, but hey, who found the wreck on the way back in? hmmm? Just because you like to dive with a water heater from the beach doesn't mean we all have to. I'll be at reef point around 8 tomorrow so i have some time to get ready and check out the site, I used to snorkel and surf there as a kid so it will be nice to be back. I'm just not looking forward to the hike down that big hill if its as bad as i remember it too be. Maybe it was just seemed really bad because I was little haha. See you all in the morning
It's proably not going to be anywhere near as tough as our 37 min dive this morning followed by a 40 minute surface swim to get out of the water. Bet you wished you were wearing a water heater on that one! :D

You were pretty smooth finding that barge though! I saw it on the way out, but couldn't get Seth to stop (or slow down). We're going to have to get him to dive with Roy in San Diego. It'll be like a NASCAR race under water with those two. :wink:

It was a great dive at Cleo Street today with a good 20+ feet of vis at times.

I'll see you all tomorrow morning!

Christian

headhunter:
It's proably not going to be anywhere near as tough as our 37 min dive this morning followed by a 40 minute surface swim to get out of the water. Bet you wished you were wearing a water heater on that one! :D

I thought we weren't gonna talk about that :tongue:

Hey no makin fun of water heater carriers...I'll bet seth and I are the last people who would complain about the hikes!

John

Good diving today. Good to meet some of you...haha
look forward to the next one

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom