diving sunday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soggy:
What planet are you guys diving on where you are seeing temperatures in the mid40s? Highest I've seen so far is 39 degrees at the surface on the Pinthis wreck on Saturday. Temp at depth was 37-38.

Ha ha - seriously - I have had temps in the low 40's for the last three weeks (at least in the shallows). Yesterday at Halfway we had 44 above about 40' and 43 below that down to about 80'. Last weekend I had 39 degrees at 70' at Paddock and the week before that I had 39 degrees at Halfway at 100'.

--Matt

39o your talking about caribean temps here.

:eyebrow:
Rick L:
Hi
Great dives good vis 30+ in many areas!!
1ST dive 49feet for 51min 42degrees 576psi remaining 2-Lobsters
2ND dive 30feet for 47min 43degrees 875psi remaining 3-lobsters
Lobsters are starting to come in. also pulled out a nice egger and a v notched one.
didn't see many fish!
There was lots of jelly fish.
Rick L

Really wanted to come up for some lobstering to MA, but can't get a license there.... Does anybody know if RI is any different?

PAdiver93:
:eyebrow:

Really wanted to come up for some lobstering to MA, but can't get a license there.... Does anybody know if RI is any different?

You can get a non-resident permit in RI, but it's like $200+, so I'd just go to the grocery store unless you are planning on getting a couple dozen bugs.

Soggy:
You can get a non-resident permit in RI, but it's like $200+, so I'd just go to the grocery store unless you are planning on getting a couple dozen bugs.

Do u have a linky? (Thanx BTW)

if you figure the cost of diving over here - shore diving is something that is definetely very appealing. I'd rather pay for the permit than deal with the fines (I know that if I'll see a bug - I WILL take him).

And what about diving with a local license holder???? I'll pay for his/hers license...

PAdiver93:
if you figure the cost of diving over here - shore diving is something that is definetely very appealing. I'd rather pay for the permit than deal with the fines (I know that if I'll see a bug - I WILL take him).

Yeah, and you'll get a big hefty fine and/or have your dive gear and car confiscated. Lobster poaching in New England is a serious offense.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom