diving sunday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are drive through liquor stores, I've seen them in Australia and I think they have them in parts of this country. Maybe near New Orleans.

Paul

Man... and all I asked about was how is lobster hunting in Mass... And now frou frou and drive through.... :wink: I've been drinking Sapporo lately... For a Japanese brew it ain't too bad.

Mass boys (Or any other coldwater crazy people) - best WET suit out there nowadays??? (My Henderson is about had it - gotta replace it - need advice)... Looking to spend about 3 bills and will only use (DON'T KNOW WHY) a jumpsuit (with a shorty sometimes)... ANY SUGGESTIONS???

About the drive through liquor stores, there are some drive through beer and wine places in the south. Saw a couple in the Greensboro, NC area. Had to get a couple six packs just so I could say I did. Don't remember what it was we got, but it certainly was not a frambiose lambic. :D Think I'll stick with my Guinness.

And about the Sapporos... Having a few after a few maitais and before a shot of tequila is not the best idea in the world, looking back.

unless you dive RI and some of those folks get away with a one piece 7mm. Also, it depends on what you consider a "dive". Being down for 20 minutes, having a 2 hour SI to warm up and going down again for 20 minutes isn't a "dive" for me. That's a "taste" but there are folks who think that's fine and that's all they want to do.

PAdiver93:
Mass boys (Or any other coldwater crazy people) - best WET suit out there nowadays??? (My Henderson is about had it - gotta replace it - need advice)... Looking to spend about 3 bills and will only use (DON'T KNOW WHY) a jumpsuit (with a shorty sometimes)... ANY SUGGESTIONS???

My suggestion, despite your emphasis on "WET" is save your money and get a drysuit...you'll be much happier.

I second the drysuit vote. But then, I'm a wuss. I did try on the Pinnacle semi-dry with attached hood recently, and it seemed quite nice - I will probably buy one sometime this summer, though I doubt I'll ever wear it around here.

(FYI - Drive-through liquor stores used to be omnipresent in my home state (Florida). They were especially popular when I was in high school...ahem, not that I knew anything about drinking before I was 21...)

Two piece 7mm is definately the way to go, but if you insist on a jumpsuit you might want to try out the new ones like the pinnacle. I haven't tried any of the single piece suits though, so I can't really offer any useful insight.

keelhaul123:
Tried it once.....nasty stuff! Although I hear it makes a great engine cleaner.
Sounds like a halfassed way to simultaneously waste good brew and ruin an engine. I've got a better idea... why not smash a bottle of whiskey and pour sugar in your gas tank?

pgdive:
There are drive through liquor stores, I've seen them in Australia and I think they have them in parts of this country. Maybe near New Orleans.

Paul

Wow. It's like my coworker used to say: "if you have a great idea, there is a 99.9% chance somebody already thought of it" :( Of course I meant it as a joke (as if drinking and driving don't mix, but that doesn't seem to be a problem in New Orleans, eh?)

Crazy world. Next thing you know they'll be telling you there is a device out there that lets you breathe underwater...nah… not that crazy :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom