diving sunday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

epconti:
What the heck is a Belgian framboise lambic?

That would be a frou frou beer, the beer equivalent of white zinfandel. In my opinion, of course. Not to say I wouldn't drink it if that was the only beverage available. I'd just wish that it was a different belgian beer - DT, perhaps.

Anyone going to the American Beer Fest on June 18? We just bought tickets today.

epconti:
What the heck is a Belgian framboise lambic?
There's an airborne yeast native to parts of Belgium that happens to be excellent for brewing. One of the beer styles produced from it is the lambic, which is more or less a type of wheat beer. If a finished lambic has raspberry juice (providing additional sugar for yeast to convert) added to it, along with some fresh hearty yeasts, it can be refermented to provide a refreshing beer that has both a high alcohol content and a pleasant fruit taste. It's definately not in the same league as the yucky pectin-tasting fruit novelty beers so many brewerys produce... it's REALLY good. Similar results can be achieved with peach, black currant, or other fruit juices. I recommend Lindeman's if you want to try one.
lind_framboise_bott.gif

Yes, it's frou frou... not a daily drink by any means, but nice for special occasions. We used a case of Lindeman's Cassis Lambic instead of champaigne for a new years party a few years back. It went over really well, and folks didn't have to worry about switching to champaigne from beer. Personally, I prefer a pint of Guinness or a pale ale for my usual drinking, but it was a good beer to make the point with. You'd never mistake a framboise for a lager.

MSilvia:
it's REALLY good. Similar results can be achieved with peach, black currant, or other fruit juices. I recommend Lindeman's if you want to try one.
lind_framboise_bott.gif

OMG, you posted a picture. You rule.

I have had the black currant lambic before - I want to say it was Scottish??? That was some damn tasty beer, frou frou or not.

vetdiver:
I have had the black currant lambic before - I want to say it was Scottish??? That was some damn tasty beer, frou frou or not.
I don't know of a Scottish lambic, but now that the yeasts can be exported, I don't see any reason to think it couldn't be.

They're kinda strange as beer goes, but as beverages in general are concerned, they are damn tasty. I haven't had one I don't like yet, but the framboise (raspberry) and peche (peach) are my favorites... especially served ice cold on a hot day. The cassis (black currant) is really good too.

It was many years ago...the memory is fuzzy...I am only 35, so it seems likely that the memory was fuzzed by the numerous other beers I tasted that day...

This thread has inspired me to skip my afternoon workout and drive to the store to get a few sixpacks. I hope you people are happy!

...now what should I drink first, Corona or Moosehead...?

On the topic of beer. We made our own store brand at this place.

[url]http://www.deja-brew.com[/URL] definitely a pretty cool operation. I have to go bottle 4 cases tommorow.

Paul

pgdive:

[url]http://www.deja-brew.com[/URL] definitly a pretty cool operation. I have to go bottle 4 cases tommorow.

Paul

I live a mile away from them. Great place!

pgdive:
Paul

Cool! Are you going to be giving them out with airfills? :eyebrow:

I know, I get my best ideas when I'm drunk, you guys should keep writing them down :)

Here's another one: you know how they have a "drive through fast food"? Why not "drive through liquor store"? You can call it "McBrewski"!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom