diving sunday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And how about you coming down for some wreck diving and lobstering (NO PERMIT NECESSARY) in July-August. We'll charter a boat. 4 hour drive from where u r guys!

MSilvia:
It's illegal to spear striped bass in MA, but it's okay in RI. I usually go for flounder up here, but wouldn't hesitate to take a cod, haddock, or black bass if the opportunity presented itself.
Then it's a date! What kind of guns do u use? air/sling? (and length)

I don't use guns... just a short 3-prong pole spear that can double as a "tickle stick" for coaxing lobester out of holes. There's nothing around here I've seen that's both big enough to warrant a speargun and worth eating. Around here, a speargun is overkill IMHO.

I think almost anything beats heineiken.

STOGEY:
I think almost anything beats heineiken.
Yeah... I'm right there with you. If you compare real beer to donkey piss like Heiny, Amstel, and Corona, no wonder you'd think it was good. The vast majority of American style lagers shouldn't be confused with real beer... it's the style that makes the difference, not whether its domestic or imported. Swill is swill... it doesn't matter where it was made.

That said, sometimes an ice cold Corona with a twist can be pretty refreshing. A pretty mediocre beer, but still a better drink than most in it's class.

I just shelled the last 2 lobsters.
One had black rot at the tip of the tail all the way accross?
I hope its not what I think it is!
Rick L

Corona is like a palm tree for me - segnifies summer. Other beers - it can NOT have candy or pumpkin in its name (common NE thing) - beer is beer no fancy ***** stuff in it please!

Rick - it is exactly what u think - Lobster **** himself when he saw u!

PAdiver93:
Other beers - it can NOT have candy or pumpkin in its name (common NE thing) - beer is beer no fancy ***** stuff in it please!
I don't know what you're basing that "common NE thing" on... I don't recall ever seeing a candy beer, and I've only seen a few autumn seasonal brews that use pumpkin. When I said styles, I meant like red, pale ale, IPA, stout, porter, weiss, bock, ale, lager, lambic, etc. I can't say I agree that beer is beer... if you were to put a heffewisen, an extra stout, and a belgian framboise lambic next to each other, somone who had never tried beer before probably wouldn't know they were all the same kind of drink.

notabob:
Correction - a wanna-be-beer made in PA :wink:
Not - a bob.... Notabeer... :wink:

MSilvia - agreed - and I guess I'm overgeneralizing... Sorry if offended anyone...

Back
Top Bottom