Diving the Hydro Atlantic in May (Florida)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqua Marine

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
We are diving the Hydro Atlantic twice in May if anybody wants to join us.
This wreck is rated as one of the 10 best in the US and ranges from 120 - 180fsw.

What Walter said and are you planning a deco dive or just a drop in and take a look dive? I've done this wreck several times before and would like to do it again but it's not easy finding people that are qualified to do such a deep dive. If you already have it planned and have a boat in mind I'd be interested and I might be able to get a couple more people interested as well.

Post more info, please.

I am also very intersted, keep me posted. I am always looking for the right buddy(s) to go dive wrecks like the hydro .

I think FillExpress is running Tech Friday trips to the Hydro this April. They usually pick different tech sites each month.

G.

:D
Walter:
What operator are you using and what are the dates?

Their website says May 6th and May 21st...but the boat is not identified...just the fact there are only eight slots...

Hey Y'all'

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. We are diving the Hydro May 13th in the afternoon, The Miller Lite on May 20th in the afternoon, and The Hydro again May 21st in the morning.

All are Tech trips, Just dive within your certification level. I have a charter on the Safari Diver with room for a couple more on each trip. If you want to go, email me for details. Price is $65 p/p.

If you need fills (EAN, DECO, O2, HELIAIR, TRIMIX, etc....) I can do that too if you need it.

I just dove the hydro last Thursday to finish up my adv rec trimix class - helium really kicks ***. That is really a fantastic wreck!! I wish I was back in Florida so I could go again. FWIW - The current was running about 1.5 - 2 knots (rough estimate) and about 74 degs with decent vis. Have a great time!!
-Christopher

I'm going to be out of town on the 13th so that one is out. I will be around on the 20th and since it's my birthday that weekend and I haven't done the Miller Lite before I think I'll treat myself to a dive and plan on joining you for that. :D

See ya then.

Sounds Great!

Looks like we will have a great dive for next weekend. If anyone is on the North Side, we will be driving down sat morning, staying overnight and driving back after the dive Sunday. You are welcome to head out with us.

We have a 1pm boat Saturday and an 8am boat Sunday. I am diving 24/40 and my buddy is diving EAN24. I will be mixing next week if anyone on the North Side needs fills.

Call me at 386-878-5641 or email me at aquamarinetraining@earthlink.net if you want to go.

We are still looking for 1 or 2 more for the Hydro on the 13th.

Dive Safe!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom