Diving with a GOPRO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a tree climbing helmet with the curved mount epoxyed into it. Works great....just have to trial and error for the angle you are looking for.

i use a nonbouyant grenade grip (Amazon.com: Grenade Grip - Hand Grip for GoPro® HERO Cameras: Camera & Photo) with a zip tie in between the deadspace of the mount. the zip tie connects to the end of a small retractor with enough distance for me to extend my arm fully. i connect the retractor to one of the upper d-rings on my BC.

The benefit of this is that the pole gives my video stability and i can rotate the camera to any angle without really moving hand and the retractor gives me the ability to let go of the camera in an instant without worrying about losing it. this would probably work well for you since you're still inexperienced and will probably be trying to master your bouyancy. i'll post pics if I remember when I get home

That's what I use and love it. I tried a head strap and wasn't very fond of it.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4

Back
Top Bottom