DM/IDC internship in the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know a couple good instructors on Boracay. (there are more than a couple but I only KNOW a few) Try Fisheye Divers. Or Victory Divers. They can get you through your DM course. The IDCs were periodic and were done through Calypso Divers with George Wegmann as the CD.
Spend a year or more there and do it slowly. Dive every day. I did that in 99 and it was one of the most fun years of my life.

- HELLO HANK!!! All is is great in Antique.
- George is an IE for PADI now. He was my IE in 2006,,,,and he is still going strong as an IE.
- Calypso and Victory are good ideas
- For the young man that wants to learn the trade over time - BIG KUDOS! / Trying to make a living at it....not happening. Our local DM's are better than most instructors and they "must have" those jobs. It is a simple matter of economics. As for the experience part....different story. I recommend that you try somewhere in Region VI/VII. You might want to give Matt Reed (Evolution Diving) a heads up and ask him about your plans. You can also try Gunter Feis (Negros Divers) as well.
- I have two feelance instructors that I can use when it becomes necessary. So I can't help you right now.....

Good luck and enjoy your time away from "THE CUBICLE" life!:D

Hi there

We offer a DM internship. It depends on what time of year you are coming but we have accommodation/board/course packages. If you are interested send me an email to my work address and I can send you a Divemaster pdf brochure: dive@flower-beach.com

We are based in Anda, Bohol and are in the Lonely Planet so while we are constantly busy and have many divers of all levels (so great for a DM), its not a party place like Boracay.

I did around 70-80 dives during my three month internship (in Honduras) so don't worry if you start with only 30 or so. If you sign up for a divemaster course, most centres will send you out for a few fun dives (included if you have an unlimited dive package) so you learn the dive sites and how things work before being expected to 'work'.

While a DM qualification may get you a job, bear in mind there are a lot of local DMs and they will find work first. As an instructor you improve your chances and if you speak another language too then it will be much easier.

Take a look at Malapascua too - check this website for Thresher Shark Divers. They run excellent intern programmes......

I am also interested to take a DM course and searching for internship (something like sipadan). I did marine life inventory in South Leyte under Coral Cay which made me love and understand marine biodiversity more. Then got introduced to Macro Photo Dive Guide Trng by DOT and fell inlove with the critters. Now i am practicing critter spotting for my photograper friends for fun, of course we still need a DM. I am also asking around, but also highly appreciate recommendations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom