Do you dive with a 7' regulator hose with a single tank setup?

Best to dive the following with single tank setup.

• 7' regulator hose

Votes: 62 68.1%
  • 5' regulator hose

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • factory length, somewhere btwn 22"-26"

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Doesn't matter, whatever is best for you!

Votes: 14 15.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One rig - so I guess the 7 footer I dive keeps it consistent with all my rigs....

yeah - what he said...

k

I use a 7ft for everything for all the reasons previously mentioned. It's much easier than switching back and forth between hose lengths.

I dive the 7 with both my single tank and doubles setup for the reasons previously mentioned.

I tried the 5 footer-too short for me. The 7 sits really nice on my torso.

from the standard "recreational" set-up to a 7 foot primary. It is totally streamlined. I have routed it underneath my waist knife since I don't have a cannister light.

It's interesting, I never heard about the long hose for recreational single tank diving until I found this board but it is so awesome I can't believe that it isn't much more widely practiced.

I used to dive with 5 foot hose cos I was worried that I will entangle myself with a 7 foot. :D

But then after last weekend, I'm convinced that I have made the right choice to switch to a 7 foot hose and they work just fine and I felt comfortable using it , esp when doing the S-drill :D

I recently switched to a 7 footer and I'm still getting used to it, but no complaints so far. I really like the routing and the room to move during OOA drills.

Looks like 7' is the overall preferred length.

As a smaller-sized diver I initially switched to a 5' thinking the 7' was way too much hose to route. After borrowing a 7' for a few dives I immediately changed to that on my own regs. I definitely noticed that extra 2' during an OOA drill with a larger-sized buddy (in doubles) was beneficial.

7 foot. Maintains consitency between singles and doubles relative to hose routing.

Dave D

How do you route the hose? Anybody got pictures on how to do this properly?

Jackknife once bubbled...
How do you route the hose? Anybody got pictures on how to do this properly?

Here ya go:

http://www.baue.org/images/galleries/view_photo.php?set_albumName=equipment&id=singlerigfront

Long hose is screwed into the turret end port and points down to the diver's right, hose runs behind the wing, under the canister light/pocket, across the chest, around the kneck and into the mouth. Back-up reg runs off a side turret port over the shoulder and bungied under the chin. Inflator runs off oppisite side turret (to the left) port and is secured to corrogated inflator hose with inner tube strips. SPG hose goes out the HP port to the left and down to d-ring.

Dave D

Back
Top Bottom