Do you dive with a 7' regulator hose with a single tank setup?

Best to dive the following with single tank setup.

• 7' regulator hose

Votes: 62 68.1%
  • 5' regulator hose

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • factory length, somewhere btwn 22"-26"

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Doesn't matter, whatever is best for you!

Votes: 14 15.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back from Bonaire where we used the long hose all the time. It was awesome for all the reasons mentioned. I suck air faster than my wife and a couple of times we wanted to extend the time in the shallows (less than 20') so we just went onto air sharing. It was so easy I carried on taking photos - try that with a conventional rig.

Couple of caveates:

1. If you are giving your reg set to a tech (I lost a primary stage 'O' ring) tie off the long hose! He WILL drop it as he will be in the habit of carrying it around by the first stage.

2. When the reg is off the tank we started clipping off the long hose onto the strap on the protective ball on the first stage. The seemed to prevent a lot of trouble with it being dropped. The ball strap will probably wear out quicker but it is a lot cheaper than a second stage.

3. Even on Bonaire - even at Buddy's (don't you guys dive there?) - DM's can be a bit wierd about it.

I use a 7 foot for my primary Atomic T2x, 32" necklace on my secondary Atomic T2x, and a SS1 titanium on my Zeagle Ranger LTD. I use the same setup on both singles and doubles. I like keeping my regs identical even if I change dive specific equipment. i.e. a safety sausage which is attached to my reel would not be used in a cavern. I route my hose under it in open water. In a cavern it is routed under my reel or light depending on my position on the line.

8+ yr old bump. Is that a record?

Think there is a competition going on, I just saw one from 2001. :)

To answer the question when diving a long hose single tank I use a 5 ft.....then again how do you measure a double hose?? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom