• All the info is in my dive computer

Votes: 42 9.2%
  • There is no use for a dive log

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Updated frequently but not signed

Votes: 139 30.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use my computer and Scubase to produce both an electronic and paper copy of my dive log - no signatures unless it is a training dive.

I don't get mine signed, (unless it's a cert dive) and sometimes, if I'm diving a lot (a week in Cozumel, etc.), I may not fill it out until I get back to the United States and thumb through my computer's log. I almost NEVER fill out the "Repetitive Dive Group" stuff... Mostly, my log book is for keeping track of my number of dives, new circumstances, new gear configurations/weight/suit thickness, and anything unusual or noteworthy that I happen to see on the dive or at the dive site.

Tigerman:
Wheres the "updated after every dive, but not signed" option?

same here

Updated constantly and not signed

Attention everyone! The poll has been updated with "Updated frequently but not signed" so those of you who do this can lend your voice to the poll :D
Ber :lilbunny:

I write up every dive in my logbook, but don't generally have a buddy sign it unless I want to keep in touch with the buddy. So, Ber, maybe the poll can be updated again to say "updated after every dive and not signed" :)

My dive log is a tool to remember viz, current, what I saw, fish life, etc. Also, to keep track of weighting requirements when switching from steel to aluminum tanks and from drysuit to different wetsuit thicknesses.

I dive solo at times, but i never get my log signed anyway by a buddy if I do have one. I just write solo in the place of the buddy signature or buddy name.

shoredivr:
So, Ber, maybe the poll can be updated again to say "updated after every dive and not signed" :)

Trying to confuse the rabbit is not a sport! :confused: Isn't "Updated frequently but not signed" the same as "Updated after every dive and not signed" :huh:

Ber Rabbit:
Attention everyone! The poll has been updated with "Updated frequently but not signed" so those of you who do this can lend your voice to the poll :D

Is there going to be an option that says, "I log my dives religiously, but don't have them signed"?

Ber Rabbit:
Thanks to Walter I will probably never forget to bring my logbook along again LOL!

Hey, I signed those dives and I returned the pages to you. It's not my fault. I love you too.

Back
Top Bottom