• All the info is in my dive computer

Votes: 42 9.2%
  • There is no use for a dive log

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Updated frequently but not signed

Votes: 139 30.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now I always log real dives, but not 100% get signed.

After 2 years of diving I stopped logging them for the next 15 years. I went back for some training and it bit me hard, had 500 dives but very few logged, most annoying. So I log any dive over 20 mins now.

I record mine every few days when I am diving.

I have signatures on the first ones.

I like to remember the sites I were good and what I saw at each.

I log them all it is a good reference for what configuration I had my gear setup and how much weight I used with which setup - I try to do them after the dive if possible and have them signed - I also just for fun bring out dive tables and see who can still remember how to use them - most are completly lost.

Journey On,
Scubacoots3

i started using a dive log once i ran out of fingers and toes to count my dives with

i have recently surpassed my ten-hands and ten-feet dive, and am working on my thirteen-hands and twelve-feet dive!

I fill mine out to remember the important details, such as the suit I wore and the amount of weight it required to sink my big ol butt. Water temp, vis and other details have been helpful to others asking me conditions of particular dive places when they're getting ready for a trip to the same locale. I like to write down the cool stuff I see, any positive or negative events and the like. Now mind you, it's not ALWAYS that complete, but I at least get the basic info down.

DoItRite:
As an instructor, it is tough to keep up with. However, it was my new years resolution to log my dives. I've been diligent about it and have found it rather enjoyable. I figured having a student sign my log book carried no point.
I get my students to sign my log because I like to collect autographs, no really I am trying to set an example for them. I believe in keeping a log cause I know my memory isn't the greatest.

I log every dive. in fact i log them twice, once in paper log of my own creation that has all the usual suspect fields and few more in a travel friendly 4"x5" format; and then the bare essential info in a spreadsheet.
My log book is for me so I generally don't have anyone sign it. I view it more like you would a photo album.

Like some answered before, I have a couple of hundred not-logged dives so they don't officially count...too bad.
These days I log my dives, you never know, I don't get them signed though.

Dive safe,

Celia

rostangarubra:
May I invite you to have a look :admingreet:?
It's there (some seconds are needeed to load)

Merci rostangarubra. Votre carnet c'est tres belle.

May I recommend it to everyone else...

My first 20 or so dives i wrote everything down in my log but didnt have it signed by any one (what is the point? so i dont lie to myself?) and then i got a dive computer and i downloaded my dives onto my computer about every 5 or so till i got bored with that (around the 30 dive mark... not to long after) and i havnt downloaded them since. Maybe when i get near 999 dives i will download them because they will start getting deleated out of the computer. But if for some crazy reason i need to know my dives ill just download them. until then they are safe in the computer!

Back
Top Bottom