Do you have a dive sticker on your car?

• Yes

Votes: 73 60.8%
  • No

Votes: 47 39.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keysdrifter454:
Me to. Actually, all I have is a Plate on the front of my truck, as I don't like decals. I have on many occasion had someone approach me and start a converstation because they saw the diver down plate on the front. Usually they are from somewhere like Florida and they want to know "Where do you dive arround here" (which I respond by saying "Florida")

As far as the theft concern, If they are going to break into your vehicle, not having a sticker won't matter. Most thieves use "targets of oppertunity" I have been hauling dive gear arround for over 26 years. And while I have never had any gear stolen, my truck was broke into one time and the ***hole took my Cat Scratch Fever tape right out of the cassette deck, even though I didn't have a "ted Nugent" sticker on the window.

Last point is: hey if they steal it, I get new gear, only out the frustration and time to settle with insurance company.....

..........Wonder if we could get the thieves to educate the boaters??????????

Desa:
Me to. Actually, all I have is a Plate on the front of my truck, as I don't like decals. I have on many occasion had someone approach me and start a converstation because they saw the diver down plate on the front. Usually they are from somewhere like Florida and they want to know "Where do you dive arround here" (which I respond by saying "Florida")

As far as the theft concern, If they are going to break into your vehicle, not having a sticker won't matter. Most thieves use "targets of oppertunity" I have been hauling dive gear arround for over 26 years. And while I have never had any gear stolen, my truck was broke into one time and the ***hole took my Cat Scratch Fever tape right out of the cassette deck, even though I didn't have a "ted Nugent" sticker on the window.

Last point is: hey if they steal it, I get new gear, only out the frustration and time to settle with insurance company.....

..........Wonder if we could get the thieves to educate the boaters??????????
It could have been a mercy theft :eyebrow:

scubadoguk:
It could have been a mercy theft :eyebrow:
Hadn't looked at it like that! :wink:

scubadoguk:
But if they are anything like the brummies they steal on the fact its not theirs and it is there.
Had 3 cars in less than 4 months pinched for the ride home ??

lol, I always lock the doors on my car in birmingham, even if I'm just driving through! :eyebrow:

ps. to any brummies, Im only kidding :wink:

Yep..stuck a Diver down sticker and a license place frame on the car after I got certified, A friend had them waiting for me for the occasion. I felt a little weird sticking them on so quickly since I was just certified...but hey..I EARNED them!

The wife and I each have a small dive flag sticker on our rides.
Friday we are going to take her Suburban into Mexico for a couple of days.
My gear will be in a SD storage locker.
I'm thinking about removing her dive sticker just to avoid any headaches.
Desperate people do desperate things.
It's just that simple.

DORSETBOY:
lol, I always lock the doors on my car in birmingham, even if I'm just driving through! :eyebrow:

ps. to any brummies, Im only kidding :wink:
lol I'm lucky I don't drive through brum anymore :11:
sorry for the hijack or attempt thereof

DORSETBOY:
lol, I always lock the doors on my car in birmingham, even if I'm just driving through!

You drive a CAR through birmingham? Braver than me....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom