Do you have a dive sticker on your car?

• Yes

Votes: 73 60.8%
  • No

Votes: 47 39.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I find it strange that people are not putting a sticker on in fear of equipment being stolen, or the vehicle being broken into. Is prevention better than cure...blah blah blah. My vehicle is worth a hell of a lot more than my dive equipment but I don't go around pretending that it's a beat up old Ford!! Maybe I should sleep in a carboard box for fear of having a nice house which will advertise that I got nice stuff inside. Stuff is covered by insurance and I have better things to think about. Yes, I am playing devil's advocate. :wink: Anyway, I have two diver down below stickers on my rear bumper.

Far_X:
Stuff is covered by insurance and I have better things to think about. Yes, I am playing devil's advocate. :wink: Anyway, I have two diver down below stickers on my rear bumper.
First of all you've got a point.

However, I don't like subsidizing thieves and fueling rising insurance costs.

My biggest interest is why people put dive stickers on their cars? I realize not everyone has a kid who likes them... I'm just curious.

String:
You drive a CAR through birmingham? Braver than me....

nah! just got a tendency to get lost... would never intentionally drive through Birmingham! :wink:

scubamoo:

My biggest interest is why people put dive stickers on their cars? I realize not everyone has a kid who likes them... I'm just curious.

I'm 40, I'm a kid, I own the car. AND I like them. They make me happy. :lilbunny:

What makes you happy? :1poke:

BTW, I'm worried someone slipped me some Kool-aid. Not only is my car black, but I have two stickers (duplicates) AND extras inside............do you think it was an alien abduction? :jump:

I like stickers too. I think they're neat. I have a few bumper stickers relating to marine hardware too (Gul, Fogh, etc) but have yet to find blank space to which to adhere them..........

My truck was out for repairs for about 6 weeks this summer; as a 'welcmoe back' gift to the truck I picked up 2 packages of 'bullet hole' stickers..............Now I just gotta wash the truck and stick 'em on!

scubamoo:

Maybe I have got a couple of points - you are just not giving me credit :wink:

I am afraid that my car cries for a sticker or two. I take it off-roading and have got sliders on the side to stop serious damage from rocks. I don't have the vehicle lifted or raised wheels - just protection stuff. I like reading stickers on other cars - I think some of the are really naff - like "sky divers do it mid air" as opposed to a quality one like "scuba divers do it freeflow". I think they are harmless and I have never had my car broken into. I even left my keys in the car door one night, by accident, when I lived in London - I guess people thought it was a police plant and didn't even touch it.

Maybe we are split into those that do and those that don't and those that would like to but don't and those that do but wish they hadn't. I think there are enough cars to go around to satisfy the lot of us and enough of us with stickers on that will take the attention away from the UNMARKED CARS WITH DIVE GEAR IN THEM!!!!! :eyebrow:

Far_X:
I think there are enough cars to go around to satisfy the lot of us and enough of us with stickers on that will take the attention away from the UNMARKED CARS WITH DIVE GEAR IN THEM!!!!! :eyebrow:
Thank you. Your efforts to decoy crooks on behalf of the timid huddled masses of sensible folk like myself deserve applause. :dazzler1:

Could you leave all of your lights off when you go on vacation and place all of your most valuable items just inside the wide open front door as well? :crafty:

Far_X:
I even left my keys in the car door one night, by accident, when I lived in London - I guess people thought it was a police plant and didn't even touch it.

what do you mean that wasn't a police plant?! damn.. it was a nice car too! :eyebrow:

My old truck used to have the cassic dive flag front licence plate with a frame advrotising my home dive shop and a 4"x4" "Dive Nakid" sticker on the rear bumper. I just bought a new truck and can't bring myself to put stickers on it but 3 blocks outside of the dealership I pulled over and put a new dive flag front licence plate on that puppy. :wink:

I have 1 sticker on my new pickup.

BUT...
We have a van set up for diving. I am collecting stickers for the inside of the van. This must be really juvenile huh?

I'm not putting any stickers on the outside of the van. So, I guess I am just decorating the van for me and my buddies.

DrDuktayp

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom