Do you have a dive sticker on your car?

• Yes

Votes: 73 60.8%
  • No

Votes: 47 39.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, One. On my bumber I have a dive flag that says "I would rather be diving" I don't have an expensive car and never have dive gear in it without being in it so I am not worried about theft. Plus, I like to see other cars with diving related stickers on them, it gives me a little thrill to see cars go by and think to myself, that could be a dive buddy one day. Makes you feel closer to the jerk cutting you off in traffic.

Jessica

That's interesting - many worry about the stickers advertising expensive gear for boosting. From prior posts, it now seems that thieves know what the symbol means, but boaters don't. That's odd, isn't it?

then heard the theory it indicated there may be expensive goodies in the car, so didn't put them on the next cars.

yup...right on the rear window of my truck i have a dive shark,the international & us dive flag,several sky diving stickers,kayaking & white water stickers and of course the harley wings.i never leave gear in my truck soi don't worry about thieves and i've had many occasions when other divers have talked to me because they saw my stickers.

Pair of normal (cartoon) sharks just aft of the door frams on my truck, and bothe the Alfa and Diver down flag stickers on my chrome bumper.

Plus I fly the Diver down flag from my antenna (4"x6" miniature)

I used to have a miniature Alfa flag on the antenna but it got stolen. Or maybe came off by itself. Whatever. I make the little things (I'm handy) so it doesn't bother me.

Anyone breaking into my truck for equipment is going to be solely disappointed. I mostly freedive anyway, and my fins, mask and weight belt are either on me or within arms' reach. Sometimes I leave the $20 guest fins in the back. If someone wants them THAT badly..........

Yes, I do.....one of the fine Lone Star State of Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing on my car, but I do have one on my snowboard.

Freestyler once bubbled...
I have one but I only have gear in my truck when I dive.

I don't know about you, but I have my gear on my body when I dive. How long a regulator hose does it take to reach from the truck to the dive site?

(sorry, I couldn't resist that)

Someone seeing the stickers might be more likely to break into the car in hopes of finding something. If they did, even if there was nothing to steal, I think you still wouldn't want to have your vehicle broken into and possibly damaged.

Don't know if someone would really be more likely to break in based on dive stickers, but I figure better safe than sorry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom