Do you have a dive sticker on your car?

• Yes

Votes: 73 60.8%
  • No

Votes: 47 39.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I have several dive stickers on my truck. I don't worry about someone breaking in to steal my dive stuff. After all, back in my Deadhead days I always drove around in a vehicle covered with Grateful Dead stickers ... and nobody ever tried to break in and steal my bong ... :eek:ut:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I never thought of it as being a sign post for theft.

Of all of you that had your gear stolen, was it visible? and was there a lot of damage done to your vehicle?

I was going to put a sticker on my car, but now I will place it somewhere else

Have a dive flag sticker on all my vehicles. Always get a real kick when I am driving down I80 in landlocked Iowa and get the "OK" sign from a passing car from CA or wherever. Don't leave anything but covered up tanks in the car when I am staying in a motel but then I wouldn't do that with or without the stickers.

No, but I have one on my truck.

Yes,

I have a dive flag plate on the front, my regular plate is surrounded by a border that says I would rather be diving.

Also a DAN sticker on the rear window of the truck.

ScoobyDave once bubbled...
That's interesting - many worry about the stickers advertising expensive gear for boosting. From prior posts, it now seems that thieves know what the symbol means, but boaters don't. That's odd, isn't it?

Has anyone ever had something stolen from a fellow diver? There is always the possiblity that the person doing the stealing is someone who knows EXACTLY what that dive flag means. Hate to bring this up, but its probably true.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom