Votes: 64 56.1%
  • No

Votes: 38 33.3%
  • I lie about it instead

Votes: 12 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

----------
FLL Diver said:
"I was looking at custom westuit sites last night, and came across a company that offers this an an option:

Relief Zipper (152)
You no longer have to peel off your suit to experience “relief.” Available only on men’s suits."

----------

I've never liked the thought of peeing in my suit...something about swimming around in a sealed toilet that just makes my skin crawl. I used to work with a guy who did this all the time, and the stench in the back of the company van on the way home after a day of working on mussel lines was overwhelming.

Sooo...about 7 years ago, I modified my wetsuit, adding a relief zipper similar to the ones on a drysuit (although I actually got the zipper off a flight suit I found in an army surplus store...$10). Easy to do, and the bonus is that not only do you not have to peel the suit off on the boat, you don't even have to leave the water...just unzip and go!

I'm surprised it's taken this long for a suit manufacturer to come up with the idea...I suppose if you're just going out for a single dive, it really isn't an issue, but when you're spending the entire day doing multiple dives, well, sometimes you just gotta go.

To Metaldetector...I wouldn't recommend peeing in your drysuit...although I have known someone who once did. Apparently, it's VERY uncomfortable. To me, the whole purpose of a drysuit is to keep DRY...deliberately adding fluid just doesn't fit!

I used to whiz in my wet suit but had to add "drain the bladder" to the pre-dive checklist when I went to a dry suit. I now also dive a semi dry and seeing how well it retains water, I am quite sure I never want to pee in it.

Going before the dive usually prevents the problem but there are times after long dives that I will practially leap out of the water onto the boat, doubles and all, and set records stripping out of my semi-dry.

Like when the molars are floating and there is no other option.... Of course flushing enough water through a 2 peice 7ml wetsuit makes what you just did pretty obvious to everyone else.... oh well.. nature calls eh? :D

Plus... thats what wetsuit shampoo is for....:eek:ut:

If you pee in a drysuit soes it then become a semi-dry suit? :D

Things I learned Reading This thread:

everyone pees in their wetsuits
Divers lie a lot
Some of you like diapers
Most divers in this thread are guys, talking about pee, diapers, etc, and that is just a little gay
I want more stories about female divers in this thread please
when will the topic inevitably turn to doing OTHER things in your wetsuit

=-) ~Z

I want more stories about female divers in this thread please

Not me I'm not into the whole golden shower thing! I don't think this thread is gay. It's pretty common for us guys to talk about burps, farts, peeing, etc.

I think peeing also has something to do with all the gear you have on. Like some sort of weird subconscious thing, because I always have to go as soon as I get all my hockey pads on too!

And there are other guys I play hockey with that also have to go right before every game!

FLL Diver once bubbled...
Relief Zipper (152)
You no longer have to peel off your suit to experience “relief.” Available only on men’s suits.

Hopefully this innovation will be picked up by off the rack manufacturers.

However having little worm like bits of yourself hanging out of a suit around some of the fish I've seen brings up another problem. :D

Marc

:scared: Ain't now way am I letting my dingaling stick out of my suit, for other divers and curious fishes to see!!

Speaking with a cave diver at the Roatan airport, he mentioned doing so to warm up. No, that's an illusion of warming up, for while you have 98.6 liquid briefly replacing cooler water next to your skin, you are actually loosing calories from your body, lowering your core temp. :cold:

Later in the week, a new diver said she'd never peed as much as she had that week. We were a group of 40 from the Texas High Desert, our boides used to dry air, now living in humid air 21 hours a day and in the water 3 hours. Our bodies are well trained sweating machines, but now confused, so they started looking for ways to unload what is usually sweated.

Anyway, DAN says to keep your liquid intake up, so I drink a lot when I dive, and I have to pee, with less warning and control at my age. So I too will kneel on the sand, for concentration. Then, I unzip my suit and try to flush some water through.

"Some do, the others lie." What I hate is rinsing my octo-reg in the same tank that everyone rinses their suits. :blue: I'll then spray my mouthpiece with a germ killer, and rinse in clean water.

One day I must have peed 5 times. It was a hot day and the aromatic ammonia smell in the car on the 1.5 hour ride home from Gloucester wasn't pretty.:chuck:

Any bonehead that ACTUALLY ASKS this question is dumber than I could ever imagine.

If you do - you don't need to broadcast it. I mean, you gonna WAIT until AFTER a dive or strip-down after suiting up just to pee? JUST DO IT! No need tp take a survey over it! Who cares?

Geat real - thats why we have SOAP and SHAMPOO!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom