Do you pickle your filter media?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice to know they are viton. When they leak down overnight, they should have been rebuilt a couple of months ago. When I rebuild mine is when I can't keep a thousand pounds in them for a month any more. They get set at 1750, but that pressure doesn't hold when new. That's the auto blowdown pressure, as far as I'm concerned...

Overnight? Pffft. Try 1 hour. Not kidding. And I tore it apart, put it in the ultrasonic, re-greased it with 111 and put it back together. Twice. Not much to speak of parts wise. Yeah I suppose retrospectively I could have messed it up - maybe an errant link fiber from who knows where. But really? Twice?

Arrgh. Never mind. Time to mow the lawn.

Hohum I need a better BPR than the AE. Its leaking well below its set point. Found a small fitting leak as well, but its puny compared to what the BPR is sending down the fill hoses....Chaulk me up to another unsatisfied AE customer. Good news is the check valve is doing its job.

So how much is the LF deluxe BPR gonna cost me? I can't find any prices on anything on the LF site.....don't they have web sales? How do you buy their stuff?

Geezuz what a PITA.
I call LF and buy direct. Don't remember the price though.

Doesn't anyone but me rebuild their AE priority valves?????? That's way cheaper than buying a new one, and they last as long as new. Now, if they would only make them out of viton....

I've got a brand new AE used twice while I was waiting for my LF to come in. It's collecting dust, if you want a spare for cheap let me know.

Nice to know they are viton. When they leak down overnight, they should have been rebuilt a couple of months ago. When I rebuild mine is when I can't keep a thousand pounds in them for a month any more. They get set at 1750, but that pressure doesn't hold when new. That's the auto blowdown pressure, as far as I'm concerned...

As others have stated they are leaking down new out of the box.

I think the problem is that it is a metal on metal seal with AE's design. They have the stainless steel ball which then must seal onto a metal (?brass) poppet. On the LF deluxe version and the Bauer Germany design the poppet is nylon or teflon and the seat is metal. With the plastic on metal one seems to get a better seal. You can see the rebuild kit here on the LF deluxe version has a plastic poppet. Those are probably nitrile o-rings which should be replaced with Viton if pumping nitrox.
LAWRENCE FACTOR® – Service Items

I'm not sure why an older AE BPV would seal any better than a new one if the same design other than maybe the tolerances were better in the past?

I'm not sure why an older AE BPV would seal any better than a new one if the same design other than maybe the tolerances were better in the past?

Probably true. I can tell you that my tolerance was also much better in the past....just sayin'....!

No shipping no tax. No big argument with that. Onward we go!

Thanks guys for the info.

Maybe no tax but there IS shipping. Terms say FOB Miami. In other words, they have LF drop ship just like most of us do.

Maybe no tax but there IS shipping. Terms say FOB Miami. In other words, they have LF drop ship just like most of us do.

oh really?
-------
1 | VL-530141-TG | VL-530141-TG | $122.08 | $122.08
------------------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal $122.08
Tax $0.00
Shipping $0.00
Balance Due $122.08

oh really?
-------
1 | VL-530141-TG | VL-530141-TG | $122.08 | $122.08
Subtotal $122.08
Tax $0.00
Shipping $0.00
Balance Due $122.08

Yeah ... I have the same shopping cart software and I have to manually figure out the shipping each time since it is being drop shipped.

And tax will always be nothing for out of State sales ... until our wonderful law makers enact that internet sales tax they have been pushing.

Yeah ... I have the same shopping cart software and I have to manually figure out the shipping each time since it is being drop shipped.

And tax will always be nothing for out of State sales ... until our wonderful law makers enact that internet sales tax they have been ushing.

So I ought to expect a "mia copa" email tomorrow on the shipping, eh?

Maybe ... you never know.

Back when I could afford to hire people, I had a guy that would just process orders for me when I was gone or on vacation. He never paid any attention and just sent stuff. It took me quite a while to find out that on a lot of his orders I lost money.

Maybe THEY hired him! :D

LF works through a dealer network, which they fully support. Buying direct from them will only get you full retail. Unless you are a dealer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom