Do you use valet services?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Valet service is convenient. The best part for me is that at the end of the trip, all my gear is washed and ready to pack. Well worth the $$$. I keep my regulator and computer with me, though, and don't leave it with the valet service.

Valet service is convenient. The best part for me is that at the end of the trip, all my gear is washed and ready to pack. Well worth the $$$. I keep my regulator and computer with me, though, and don't leave it with the valet service.
DSFDF. I don't mind handling my own gear and rinsing my own wetsuit, and I don't feel like paying someone to do it for me. It comes with the territory, IMO.

What dive ops offer valet services (in Cozumel and elsewhere)? We are planning a trip for the fall and we love valet services - we are getting older and schlepping tanks and maintaining heavy equipment is getting more difficult.

We are used to getting valet services from Reef Divers on Cayman Brac and Little Cayman and we would love to find something comparable in other locations. We have never had any problems with Reef Divers or on liveaboards with valet services.

I understand Blue Angel is now offering valet service: Diving Packages Blue Angel Resort Cozumel Mexico

DH and I have dived with Blue XT Sea Diving for 12 years. We have never had any issues with lost/misplaced gear. We take our gear with us on the first dive day and bring it back on the last day. In between, our gear is set up and ready to go upon arrival to the boat. Of course, we double check the set up as part of our dive routine. We do keep our computer, mask and wetsuit. (Computer->review dive profile and set for next day. Mask to wash , dry and prep with defogger for the first dive of day. Wetsuit/Hood/Booties to rinse , dry and make smell real purty like. ☺️

If they offer it to me for free when I am there in May I may use it, but otherwise I will keep on as usual.

It's $5 (US) per trip. I'd be interested to know what you think of the service if you happen to see someone using it. IMO, with the layout of BA (maybe 50 yds from the shop to the boat) & the majority of the divers staying at the hotel, there's not a lot of value added. I'm going to pass on that also when I go in August.

I have never had any problem with Tres Pelicanos. I keep my prescription dive mask and computer and they take care of the rest.

As far as ops letting you dive your computer and air......I have dove with three ops here (a small sampling of the many many shops available) and only Tres Pelicanos let me dive my computer and air. That is but one of the reasons I stopped experimenting with other shops.

and only Tres Pelicanos let me dive my computer and air. That is but one of the reasons I stopped experimenting with other shops.

Took you long enough to find one of the many good valet shop that let you dive your air, but at least you found a good one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom