Do you use valet services?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have never had any problem with Tres Pelicanos. I keep my prescription dive mask and computer and they take care of the rest.

As far as ops letting you dive your computer and air......I have dove with three ops here (a small sampling of the many many shops available) and only Tres Pelicanos let me dive my computer and air. That is but one of the reasons I stopped experimenting with other shops.

Plus rinse and take care of my wetsuit.

Blue Magic took care of our gear for us. Never had an issue. No beach club SI...but they do provide towels and all the other standard service. Not having to lug gear sure made it nice, plus their Sleep and dive packages were the best prices on the island. Staying at Casa Mexicana was great and in the middle of everything.

Hopefully will ill be back in May/June ...

safe travels,
jay

DSFDF. I don't mind handling my own gear and rinsing my own wetsuit, and I don't feel like paying someone to do it for me. It comes with the territory, IMO.

I didn't know any of the ops charged for keeping your gear. Who charges that you know of?

I didn't know any of the ops charged for keeping your gear. Who charges that you know of?
Ops that keep and clean your gear usually charge more to take you diving. It may not be itemized but the charge is there. It's not a big deal and I do not fault them for it. DSFDF.

Not true. Blue Angel 5 day package without valet is $69+tax, Tres Pelicanos 5 day with valet is $65.80+tax

Ops that keep and clean your gear usually charge more to take you diving. It may not be itemized but the charge is there. It's not a big deal and I do not fault them for it. DSFDF.

I prefer ops that do it that way. I feel perfectly capable of taking care of my own gear and don't need no stinkin' elitist "valet" service." Or at least I don't want to see it listed as a line item charge, as though I actually requested it. Now, if a dive op wants to take care of my gear, and happens to charge a little more, well, I won't object. It's a psychological thing.

LZ,

Boom. That is exactly how it works. That is why AIs thrive. People like one price with everything included, no thinking required.

I love valet. Comes with the territory? That is like changing your own tires and oil. (Or changing the batteries for you hybrid types) Sure I can, but why should I? I could also buy or rent a boat, hire a captain and DM, collect a few friends to share it and go diving, but I don't.

Heck, I wouldn't turn down hot towels, a foot massage and a 'free' post second dive margarita. (Margarita rocas, con Hortnitos, preparado para un adulto.) I would really like someone to carry what little stuff I take off the boat to my car. Maybe even wash the car while I am diving. If it is included of course.....

I do in Little Cayman & Brac........Standard M.O. @ Brac Reef & LC Beach Resorts......

15481110282_e4fdf82c71_z.jpg
[/URL]LCBR 'valet diving' setup--seats on the rear platform by GEAUXtiger, on Flickr[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom