Does the owner of your LDS dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My LDS owners both dive with classes and on dive trips. If they didn't dive I would really question their expertise when it comes to equipment and diving in general.

Both owners of the LDS I go to still dive regularly. There is a scheduled weekly dive on Friday mornings, and an unscheduled Saturday morning dive.

The shop hours have a caveat listed, saying that sometimes the dive shop will be unexpectedly closed sometimes, since they like to dive, also.

My preferred LDS, Island Divers Hawaii, has 2 shops and an owner that dives as much as he can, he is into the "Dark Side" too.....and has several young Jedi in training on his staff......and a "Dreads Master" too!
Great staff of Divers............

Owners... not as much as they'd like to! He's also the mayor of our small town and she runs the local pre-school in addition to both of them actively running the shop.

Yes and so do the techs in the store. I think it helps them not only in knowing what a diver needs, but in the local dive conditions, must sees etc.

TOM

drbill:
Owners... not as much as they'd like to! He's also the mayor of our small town and she runs the local pre-school in addition to both of them actively running the shop.

Geeez. Bob is one busy guy. No time for regulator repairs! :D

Consider running? I would put my absentee vote in!

X

My LDS has an owner that dives, crazyscuba.com believe it or not. His son dives with him now too, they have a great time! Britt is a great diver too. Very relaxed in the water...someday I hope to have the experience and skill he has underwater. I'm working on it...just not enough time to dive!

YES I DO:rofl3:
As much as I can:D

My LDS's owner dives a lot. He's also been a NAUI instructor since years before I was born, which makes me feel young again. Oh, and he likes his shop so much, he's building a house behind it. :D

All my LDS owners dive actively. Usually classes during the week but the weekend is full of shore dives and less frequent boat dives. There seem to be multiple carribbean trips every year full of diving. I don't think I would want to shop where the owners didn't dive and still have the passion for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom