Does the owner of your LDS dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The owner of my LDS doesnt seem to dive much anymore. He said he is swamped at the shop. Plus I am sure he has seen the local sites wayyyyyy tooooo many times. I think he tries to get out on the bigger trips though. I think he might have had some health issues or something in the past too.

All 3 of the owners my primary LDS dive regularly, as do most of the instructors. Wednesday morning beach dives every week, too. Ditto for my secondary local shops.

Shop I presently teach for the owner gets out fairly often. Usually Wed mornings with friends of his. Shop I used to teach for, well she would only dive on vacations and it looked like she was getting away fewer times but I'm not there anymore and wouldn't know.

The owners of my LDS are both active Tech divers. One also an instructor for everything from OW to Rebreathers..

My LDS owner even did my OW since the instructor scheduled to do it couldn't make it. He also makes it on one or two dive oriented trips a year.

So not only does he still dive, he still teaches too.

The owner of our LDS had a house built right next to his training quarry so he can dive daily. In the winter, they chainsaw holes in the ice and still dive.

Not a LDS but my favorite dive shop owner dives everyday but only does so for work. It always seems to me that he really enjoys diving but he has told me that he only dives every day because its his job. I know he has looked in the past for a good instructor to help him. I think this may have something to do with him being a profesional lobster diver before opening his own dive shop.

Most dive shop owners I've met do still try to get in the water as much as they can, but business sure can get in the way of diving. Perhaps the opposite should be asked. Anybody out there have dive shop owners who are non-divers?

I can think of one or two over the years where I live.

My LDS's owner is an active diver and instructor. He is in the water about once a week locally and travels on most of the shop trips (10-12 a year). He's also my cave diving buddy.

Back
Top Bottom