Doing It Wrong...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled...

So, you don't believe in safety, having fun and enjoying life?

Cute. But not effective.

doole once bubbled...

I thought that's what I did. Was there a point here?

As for what I meant by 'controlling' it, what I meant was (of course) controlling it in the same way we control other things; with our best intentions. I.E. we don't fill someone's tank if we don't believe they're certified. Nothing 'chilling' about it.

OK?

Control is a pretty heavy word. Some countries like to control what their people do and say.

How do you suggest that an agency "control" it's past students? Take PADI for example. Some of it's past students have nothing better to do than bash anyone and anything DIR. How should they control those folks?

detroit diver once bubbled...

Control is a pretty heavy word. Some countries like to control what their people do and say.

How do you suggest that an agency "control" it's past students? Take PADI for example. Some of it's past students have nothing better to do than bash anyone and anything DIR. How should they control those folks?

As for 'controlling' past students who bash DIR, I really couldn't care less.

I do conceed that the word 'control' was ill-chosen.

The other 90% knew what I meant perfectly well, however.

doole once bubbled... As for 'controlling' past students who bash DIR, I really couldn't care less.

I do conceed that the word 'control' was ill-chosen.

The other 90% knew what I meant perfectly well, however.
I'm a member of GUE and I have _no_ idea what you are saying to do about DIR commandos.

Should they be kicked out of GUE? Would that help? I doubt it.

Shot at sunrise?

Sent to internment camps?

Maybe I'm not part of the 90%, but I have nothing resembling a perfect understanding of what you mean.

I'm glad a few of you guys aren't spokemen for anyone other than DIR-FA or GUE. THANK..............GOD. You make it look bad.
It's a good thing there are people like scubajay, boomx, and lal that can make DIR look good without bashing.

I'm glad a few of you guys aren't spokemen for anyone other than DIR-FA or GUE. THANK..............GOD. You make it look bad.
It's a good thing there are people like scubajay, boomx, and lal that can make DIR look good without bashing.

Bashing? Where?

Only responding to your outright hatred of DIR and GUE. It shows EVERYWHERE in your posts.

By the way, it's Seajay, not scubajay.:)

Bashing? Where?

Only responding to your outright hatred of DIR and GUE. It shows EVERYWHERE in your posts.

By the way, it's Seajay, not scubajay.:)

Yeah, seajay not scubajay. Sorry for the confusion it apparently caused. My bad. You okay?

So you are telling me you haven't bashed folks who don't believe in the 7' primary? That's my problem. And the 10% of course. Not with DIR-FA:D

Keep up the good work. I'll try to help out when I can.

Best Wishes

3-5 Bengals
2-6 Lions

I can feel the love.

Constructive conflict is really what sets this board apart from many, many other boards I've lurked and left.

I'm being serious here. A lot of smart, passionate people, and_a_few dangerously ill-informed mixed in.

Its all good.

K

2-6 Raiders ;-0

My Lions have been dead for 45 years. I've gotten over it.

Our discussion over donating the primary had to do with very specific issues. Donating the primary is a very well thought out skill. Your reasons for not doing it were not believable, ie. having the reg out of your mouth for a second was dangerous.

I wasn't bashing anything not DIR. I was giving a very good reason why your method was not optimal.

I don't know what you mean by the 10 percent. It's a number pulled out of the air by someone.

When I want your help, I'll ask for it. In the meantime, I'll call BS when I see it.

I have a suggestion for you. Why don't you try and post something that doesn't have to do with DIR, seeing that you hate it so much?

Yeah, seajay not scubajay. Sorry for the confusion it apparently caused. My bad. You okay?

So you are telling me you haven't bashed folks who don't believe in the 7' primary? That's my problem. And the 10% of course. Not with DIR-FA:D

Keep up the good work. I'll try to help out when I can.

Best Wishes

3-5 Bengals
2-6 Lions

My Lions have been dead for 45 years. I've gotten over it.

Our discussion over donating the primary had to do with very specific issues. Donating the primary is a very well thought out skill. Your reasons for not doing it were not believable, ie. having the reg out of your mouth for a second was dangerous.

I wasn't bashing anything not DIR. I was giving a very good reason why your method was not optimal.

I don't know what you mean by the 10 percent. It's a number pulled out of the air by someone.

When I want your help, I'll ask for it. In the meantime, I'll call BS when I see it.

I have a suggestion for you. Why don't you try and post something that doesn't have to do with DIR, seeing that you hate it so much?

reasons were not believable huh? Okay champ. You're right. My bad. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

10 percent is a good guess for the DIR people that like to BASH. But we can increase that number since you don't believe it either.

BS.......It's all about DD there. Remember you saying you were "Flawless" Of course that couldn't be BS now could it. It's ashame that thread of 600+ was pulled, my flawless friend. By the way..Get that Fletch quote correct in your profile....LMAO LMAO LMAO. And do you dream of being Tom C. or is he just your hero? Or is it something else...Boom chinka bim beow....

And by the way, I've started and been a part of hundreds of threads that have nothing to do with DIR-FA. You just choose to ignore those now don't you.

Best Wishes and safe diving to you.

GO BENGALS....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom