Donsol diving & Steady Eddie Dive Center

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjjj, yes I did the manta bowl but we didn't see anything... I forget what the depth is; I'll need to check my dive log. Ripping currents. Need to descend to the floor quickly so you don't get blown off the site. We had to do some crawling on the floor. They'll give you reef hooks. Find a nice barren spot and hook in and hang on! Current was so much that I blew through a tank in 30min swimming down and trying to stay stationary with a large DSLR housing + strobes. We did two dives but saw nada... nothing... no mantas, no whalesharks... Not much to see there without the big critters.

Here's a pic of the other diver from our boat at Manta Bowl (he's hooked in).
2271891102_6792915a6f_o.jpg

Quite a mix of guests at Vitton from overseas tourists to locals from Manila. Pretty quiet when we had dinner over there. Just a couple of groups having a late dinner. Don't expect a party scene. Save that for PG :wink:

The reef hooks are getting to be fashionable again......I suppose I need to buy a few for our divers when we do the blue water dives by Batbatan Island.....<thinking now>

i am thinking of skipping the manta bowl. i have feed big rays, 3 to 4 meters across when i was in south Australia. these in donsol maybe bigger. i do not know, i will make a decision after i get to donsol, i think doubtful at these time. i do not want to burn vacation days while i am in Philippines on doing something i have already done.

i have heard nothing much in donsol to do. so i think i will whale shark it and try and see the volcano and fly back out.

but you never know, may have a over the top great time in donsol and decide to stay an extra day or two.

thanks for the information, greatly appreicated.

Philippines here I come...... i am flying over tomorrow.

Just a quick update, a few people wanted to see my photos of my trip to the Philippines in March 2009. Well I have over 1000 pictures of various things up on the Internet now. Here is the link, Picasa Web Albums - Rick

I went scuba diving in Sabang, Whale shark snorkling in Donsol and scuba diving in Davao.

I want to say I had a wonderful time and the Philippine people are wonderful, in my opinion, the Philippines is a great country. I am planning on returning to the Philippines in 2010.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom