Doubles without a manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wheres the isolator? And those aren't 104s, and by the looks of it, they aren't your OC bailout, either (can't really tell with any certainty from that pic. Not a lot of volume if it is).

You're making my point over and over. Keep it up!

different dives need different kit.
to dive the same kit for all dives is definately sub optimal.

you are correct by the way.
the isolater isnt seen on the pic.
they could be low pressure ally 7's or hp steel 300(more than 100cu/ft)
they could both be dil or 1 dil 1 o2.

i like to be open minded about my diving.

as for inverted twins-well they are pretty good in the water but a pain on the boat.

... edited. Actually, I'm not even going there. Comments like that used to annoy me because I thought certain diving alternatives needed defending from erroneous information/propaganda but now I find it all somewhat amusing. I don't believe that attitude is as dominant or prevalent as I used to think it was.

Last edited:
... edited. Actually, I'm not even going there. Comments like that used to annoy me because I thought certain diving alternatives needed defending from erroneous information/propaganda but now I find it all somewhat amusing. I don't believe that attitude is as dominant or prevalent as I used to think it was.

The world is full of opinonated people that are never wrong and can't be confused by facts. They are more amusing to me also as I get older.

Wheres the isolator? And those aren't 104s, and by the looks of it, they aren't your OC bailout, either (can't really tell with any certainty from that pic. Not a lot of volume if it is).

You're making my point over and over. Keep it up!

different dives need different kit.
to dive the same kit for all dives is definately sub optimal.

you are correct by the way.
the isolater isnt seen on the pic.
they could be low pressure ally 7's or hp steel 300(more than 100cu/ft)
they could both be dil or 1 dil 1 o2.

i like to be open minded about my diving.

as for inverted twins-well they are pretty good in the water but a pain on the boat.

A jack of all trades is a master of none.

I was following your argument, agreeing with you completely and cheering you on - right up until your last quote.

What you are saying could be applied to something like a hog / DIR configuration which is very much a "jack of all trades" rig. Obviously, it is not a "master of none" as it's very appropriate and even optimum for many diving situations.

My first independent set up:
Picture2001-3.jpg

I would swap out the right tank for a second dive:
Picture2001-4.jpg

Now sometimes I do dive with a manifold but I suspect some people would not be satisfied:
047.jpg

So it's back to no manifolds for me:
Snapshot313-07-201211-51PM.png

I have a lot of fun being a master of none

Snapshot311-04-20121-32PM.png

What could be next?
003-3.jpg

:)

Didn't read the thread but here's my indy doubles setup which I use for travel sometimes... the brackets are OMS, add 2 rental AL80s and away you go. NB photo is from the first time I put it together and the top cam bands are on upside down. I also take an AL80 stage kit & spare reg set if there is nitrox or O2 available

Attachments

• IMG_3958.jpg
    IMG_3958.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_3959.jpg
    IMG_3959.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 87
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom