Dress code at Prima?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cxg31s

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all, it's been over 5 years since my last visit to Coz and I'm finally here! We're wanting to go to Prima one night for dinner, and I'm wondering about a dress code? All my husband brought are t-shirts, is that okay?

Also, is Prima open every day or is there a day it's closed? Thanks so much!

I ate there in March. Shorts, flip flops and a tee shirt worked then.

Prima is also a fav of mine in cOZ. They are closed one night per week but dang I cannot remember which one (maybe monday?). Casual attire is ok - maybe not t shirts, but shorts, shirt, sandals are ok. I like to go there after dark as the roof top dining lighting is very nice. Calamari is great. Careful of the Margarita Grandes as you have to go down a spiral staircase after dinner.:D:
Couple of dive shops to look at nearby if you get there early. Italian dishes are great.

Shorts and a shirt are fine, normally Albert will be dressed the same. Don't have the worry about the spiral staircase, Al moved out of the downtown located a couple of years ago and is now at the top floor of the north tower of El Cantil.

It's a lot nicer of a place now, but the food has remained the same. Honestly I kinda like the new place better because the views and ocean breezes are nice. This is my fav restaurant in Coz. I can't wait to go there tomorrow night!!!

I'm dying to go to the new place.....7th floor view must be OUSTANDING. We are planning on hitting it for sunset. Always loved their GIANT Chicken parmesian.

I liked the old Prima best. The food was good, great winelist and it was always busy. It is missed. The new one had good food, the view inside is spectacular. We stayed at El Cantil our last trip in March and Prima delivered food to our door or poolside. That was nice!! We did this for lunch a few times. As far as the view for sunset, if you stay inside and have a table by the window its very nice. We stopped by one cloudy afternoon and saw dolphins and a ray swimming by! We have always preferred to be outdoors enjoying the afternoon for sunset drinks and Prima only has outdoor tables on the side of the building so unless you get the first table in the front, your sunset view is limited. Shorts and flipflops work there.

Thanks everyone! If anyone can remember, or find out, what night it's closed, I would appreciate it! We don't have a phone where we are and we're too lazy to walk up there and find out. :)

Thanks everyone! If anyone can remember, or find out, what night it's closed, I would appreciate it! We don't have a phone where we are and we're too lazy to walk up there and find out. :)

In March they were open 7 days a week.

Back
Top Bottom