Dress Me!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You will never be made fun of...this is the land of (almost) anything goes! We have senior citizens who proudly wallk the beach in their speedos, black socks and sandals!

scuba_jenny:
You will never be made fun of...this is the land of (almost) anything goes! We have senior citizens who proudly wallk the beach in their speedos, black socks and sandals!

AHGGGGGGGGGGG I had almost forgotten that sight when low and behold you bring it vividly back into my brain :splat:

Juan

CBulla:
I've seen Ft Lauderdale Senior Citizins in G-strings! The Speedo was completely skipped!!
Maybe it started out as a Speedo & then ...

Estero ... I think there are a couple LEOs that are from the Cape Coral area.

You might want to take the hike up the road to Venice, the place is known for its fossil sharks' teeth

DivesWithTurtle:
A string of pearls, a small brooch and black 2" spiked heels.

I don't dive heels at least until May. Lots of folks do dive brooches and pearls up here though. Maybe bring a coconut shell, some colorful pipe-cleaners and a pie-tin just in case. I'll probably be diving a 3mm suit with a hooded vest, unless my aluminum foil and truck tire is ready by then.

H2Andy:
i would dive a 3mm farmer john. you might even discard the pants and just dive the shorty.

If you do, carry vinegar in your bag for reef & wreck rashes.

no, because i have this skill called "buoyancy" as well as something known as
"situational awareness" which have led to me using my shorty exclusively on ALL
my Keys trips and NEVER having to treat a reef or wreck injury.

jeez... you'd think having good buoyancy control is rocket science

oh and add to those all my dives in the Caymans. again, no injuries.

go figure. and i would add that my buoyancy isn't even close to
some of the divers i've seen (all cave divers). i'd describe myself as having
"intermediate" skills. so, it doesnt' take all that much.

H2Andy:
no, because i have this skill called "buoyancy" as well as something known as
"situational awareness" which have led to me using my shorty exclusively on ALL
my Keys trips and NEVER having to treat a reef or wreck injury.

jeez... you'd think having good buoyancy control is rocket science

oh and add to those all my dives in the Caymans. again, no injuries.

go figure.

You never dived a Keys wreck in a screaming current, holding onto the down line with legs horizontal in the water, then get thrown into the wreck when you got to it? Oh, it happens. Many people, probably yourself, are in better shape than many of us others. Anyway, I've seen a lot of divers come back to the boat with reef, wreck, and line rashes there.

But then, I keep vinegar, calamine, and Sudafed for jellyfish stings, Man-of-war risks, etc, plus alcohol and a few other just in case meds.

Padipro:
A 3 mil full suit with gloves is all you should need being used to colder water and all. I would never dive a shorty even if the water was warm enough to be comfortable. If you just happen to bump into the reef or the edge of a wreck, and lets face it we all do at sometime or another, you'll be wishing you had the full suit. Even small cuts or scrapes hurt like H*&L in salt water.

CBulla:
I've seen Ft Lauderdale Senior Citizins in G-strings! The Speedo was completely skipped!!

I've seen that, and thought: "I hope I live that long, but I hope I know better."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom